What carries what?

lotsa

I'm setting up my own sessions but I don't know what the heck types of carriages carry what, for example, what carries barley? What carries AUS general goods? (whats AUS?). No matter what type of carriage i try to use (and there are way too many i'm only halfway thru the list in the surveyor thingie) it never loads or unloads general goods. Is there a consolidated list somewhere which displays what carries what?

thanks heaps

When you have the piece of rolling stock on the layout, keep the Loco/Rollingstock tab open and click on the "?" then on the rolling stock and it will bring up what it can carry. Some of the NSW stuff and QR carry general goods, dont kow if its the same as AUS general goods.

Also when in the screen that it tells you what it can carry. there will be a black "+" click on that and you can add other stuff to the carrige but you need to be careful on what you put in and how much it can carry.

Yes, when you have a wagon on the tracks click the ? button and click on the wagon (or engine or tender, this way you can figure out how much fuel is loaded), it will show what goods it carries (if any) and how many can be taken, as for barley or general goods transport some of the built in and not built in wagons from Germany can take those. As for other wagons I do not know owing as to that I drive coal trains in Germany (just goes to show MY ignorance:rolleyes:).

WileeCoyote:D

In TRS2006 you can also use CMP to list the commodities, then right click one and select view dependent assets to get a list of industrys and cars that are already set up for it.

Bob

AUS is Australia. AUS general goods were created because we felt the in game general goods were way out of proportion.

On a very closely related theme, the Engineer's Handbook for TRS2004 (supplied on disk as an Adobe Acrobat PDF file) includes an extremely useful flowchart showing the possible flows of products carried by trains between the industries. It's on page 37 according to the printed numbers on each page, or page 39 by Adobe Acrobat Reader reckoning. I guess the TRS2006 documentation contains the same flowchart or something similar.

HTH, John

Back