We Want to BURY You - 40 ft. Below (pictures)

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
Greetings again (see the General Trainz for the intro post).

This thread is intended to show various aspects of both the real Chicago Tunnel Company system, and how we have implemented it in Trainz.

Two more "real" shots:

real2.jpg

real3.jpg

This is a really unique map as it has virtually nothing on top of the trainboard except 'blocks' at 15M above the board. These blocks hide what you see from the driver's seat in a loco after riding up an elevator.

Some of these images are using Beta content so don't expect too much, but do realize the potential of such items.

But first, some various shots from around the map:

bmt1.jpg

bmt2.jpg

Customer Sign:

cust1.jpg

Directional signs:

sign1.jpg

More next post

Bill

And some more from above ground:

Looking at a tunnel-level sub-basement with two elevators to ground level basements.

sky1.jpg

sky2.jpg

A closer look at an elevator (which is fully functional):

ele4.jpg

One train waiting for another:

wait1.jpg

Anyway. That's the idea. We could really use some help on this one.

Bill

If I had help to offer, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Looks great, so far, thought! :udrool: :udrool:

Hi guys,

Didn't expect that one from you guys ;)

Welcome to the underground - even if it is not the same underground as mine... ;)

Best wishes

Linda

PS,
Seems like a great start!

Kaleb

It was 2 foot gauge and was used solely for shipping freight which included coal for heating and ash from the heating furnaces. The locos were similar to mine locos and were powered by a 250 volt DC overhead trolley wire. Read Bill's post in the other forum, he explains all about it in some detail.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

With the high fps you will get in a pure tunnel environment, I suggest making the textures on those tunnel splines quite juicy ;).

Looking forward to more updates, looks like a really interesting route.

Communist

The tunnel-track system is naturally higher in polys than normal track so the FPS figures may not be as good as you expect. What do you suggest for the 'juicy' textures? The actual tunnels were lined with concrete and thus were relatively featureless.

Blutorze4792

In the 1980's the tunnels did flood, filling sub basements all over the city. During pile driving work, the wall on one of the tunnels under the river was fractured and repair work was started too late and the river came in. Most of the business district was shut down because of it.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

sorry about this Zwabberaar business, just a silly kid i bet. anyway how long till this is available to download?

Nice work. I've read several good articles on this system. Too bad it's not available today.

Boco

All we can say is "soon". Once we work out how much more we need to do, we can give an estimate closer to the mark. We all hope it isn't another three year period for this one also.

We have a couple of other projects on the back burner also.

Bill

EDIT : pictures next post

Last edited:
Well, that didn't work. Let me do it this way.....

Comparison to the DHR

small1.jpg

Passing at a Grand Junction

pass1.jpg

Another worm eye view...

worm2.jpg

Back