Walthers Phase IV-III

Jimmyp4

Hello all

I recently chose to model the era of summer 1995 in HO. I own several Amcans, but they all wear phase IV which was on few cars back then. I would like to change these cars to phase III, by any chance does anybody know if the colors on the cars are painted on or decals? If the latter, what should i use to get them off? and if they are painted on, would a microscale Phase II decal completely cover the IV stripes?

I believe any paint scheme before phase 4 would sufficently cover the stripes. The only problem might be covering the writing "SUPERLINER" above the stripe, I forget how tall it is. I have 5 in phase 4b and it would easily be covered. It sounds like a good idea but, maybe next time you should buy in phase 3. I know what ur saying though: You already had those.

Davis

Sry, I must not have been paying attention. Anyways, I still have an answer:). The phase 3 stripes would take up the same space as the phase 4 stripes (if the microscale decals are correct width). They did all painting on the smooth space between the corrugation and drip rails. I believe the Walthers cars are decaled on. I'm on a yahoogroup called Amtrakmodeler (for any person who likes amtrak models, expierenced or unexpierenced), we are constantly re-doing cars and we always mention the exact kind of chemical we use. I believe with some alchol you can rub off the stripes without taking away the silver paint. It's free to join and you don't have to be a yahoo e-mail user to join. The stationmaster of D.C. Union Station is on there and he is a good friend of mine. They cover all eras especially around phase 3. Check it out or at least skim over it on yahoogroups, the posts go directly to ur e-mail, it's really great!! If you don't want to I can do some hunting around there for supplies and I'll even ask question, unless you can do that urself.

Davis

Back