Wait rule not wiating (TS09/10)...

Engioc

I've setup a trigger to automatically change a switch lever and then after a set period of time change it back. Here's what I have setup:

-----------------------------
Trigger Check - set to check a trigger called Millswood Up which is place about a meter before the switch I want to change.
Ordered List
Switch Lever - set to switch lever Millswood 01, and Millswood 02
Wait - 2 +/- 120 seconds (I am confused by this for a start)
Switch Lever - set switch lever Millswood 01 (reverse of what was changed above)
Wait - 2 +/- 120 seconds again
Switch Lever - set switch lever Millswood 02 (reversed)
-------------------------------------------
My problem is that at least 50% of the time I run a train through this section I see the lever change to the position I want but then almost immediately (or several seconds later) switches back instead of waiting like I wanted. Yet other times with no changes to this rule it works and allows enough time for the train to go through before switching the lever back.

Note there are no other trains present and I'm driving the train not the AI so its not a case of the AI changing it back.

Why???? What is the point to wait rule if it doesn't wait before moving on to the next item on the ordered list? How can I make it pause so it allows enough time for the train to pass through the switch point before it changes it back?

I see the problem - the number at the start is how long it should wait, then the +/- part at the end indicated how much leeway it has, which should be between 0 and 15 (seconds) unless you want a bigger random leeway (at the moment, it's got a 2 minute leeway)

What the rule should look like is (if you want it to always wait 2 minutes)

Wait 2 +/- 0

If that does not work, try

Wait 120 +/- 0

Shane

I see the problem - the number at the start is how long it should wait, then the +/- part at the end indicated how much leeway it has, which should be between 0 and 15 (seconds) unless you want a bigger random leeway (at the moment, it's got a 2 minute leeway)

What the rule should look like is (if you want it to always wait 2 minutes)

Wait 2 +/- 0

If that does not work, try

Wait 120 +/- 0

Shane

Thanks for that Shane, will give it a try.

Hi thanks for the help, yeah turned out it needed to be:

Wait 120 +/- 0

so 120 seconds with a 0 +/- leeway

In the end I changed it more anyway so I no longer needed it to be timed. Now using 2 Check Trackside Object rules, one to change it just before the junction, and one after as the rear of the train leaves so its no longer tied to the length of any one particular train. Any train listed can now change and then reverse the switch setting.

I originally tried splitting it up like that using the Trigger Check but for some strange reason it kept derailing the train. Figured out although it gives the option to specify a train or named carriage it seems to ignore that and activate for any train. So when the front loco got to the trigger to reverse the switch it would activate. I'd set it up so the last carriage had a unique name and listed that in the Trigger Check, but I dont understand why it then just activates for any train, makes the option to specify train/carraige pointless.

Back