Vista, TRS2004/MSTS, Apple Computers (NOTE)

Red_Rattler

Since 09 May 2003
NOTES:1. Yes, I know I'm going against my onw advice about using existing threads - I think I may have asked it before, but I'm having trouble with the computer restarting several times & rather not use search ATM just in case the PC restarts.

2. I hope the moderators/administrators don't mind me referencing MSTS - but this is mainly for Trainz

Vista (Home, Premium)
Is their any issue with running TRS2004 on Vista, either home or premium.
Anyone know if MSTS can run on Vista (& no X versus Y simulator)

I've been given two different answers, some say no, some say yes

Apple Computers
Would an "Apple a day" keep a "Trainz doctor away." ie, Can TRS2004 run on Apple computers? Also same answer, some claim no, while others say yes.

Last edited:
My brother has TRS2006 running on his iMac Core 2 Duo in Bootcamp, WinXP SP2, with no problems whatsoever.

I've run MSTS on Vista, though it did stop running after about a month; not sure whether that was due to my screwing up of settings or actually Vista.

I'd rather run XP than Vista, though, any day, due to the performance difference!

Could I please ask this to be related to TRS2004 instead of TRS2006 please, unless it might be relevant.

From the reports I would rather run XP than Vista (especially after what some shops have said), but it's very hard to find XP now.

Just on a side note, I think Micro$oft made the two systems almost incompatible for money reasons - now Bill Gate$' old company wouldn't have done that, would they?

Okay, any news about Trainz running fine on Apples?

I run TRS06 on an iMac via Bootcamp with WinXP SP1. Because Trains is not available on the Apple OS, is the ONLY reason i have windows on it.

I set up TRS2004 under Vista Home 32 bit, I just had to do that thing about setting it to "Run As Administrator" mode. Did that to ContentDispatcher, TRS2004.exe and shortcut, TrainzHelper, openGLextensions, gse, gsc and ContentManager. Not as smooth as TC 1/2 but it runs.

Back