Viewing CDPs

lenscab

Is it possible to see what assets are in a cdp without commiting it to CM?. I have downloaded a cdp consisting of a few assets and I would like to know what they are before I install them. Thanks for any replies.
Len

I understand, without actually trying it, that .cdp files are .zip files and can be opened with any app that handles .zip files.

I sometimes use CM to open a .cdp file and look at its contents. CM will tell me what kind of assets they are and other details that a Zip app would not. If the .cdp contains nothing that I want to install then I simply use the Today filter in CM to display what I have just opened and installed and delete them. If they are assets that I already have installed then they will be listed as "Open for edit", in which case I simply select "Revert to original".

What Malc said. Execute CDPExplorer and a window will come up. Drag and drop the CDP file on the window and it will list the assets. You can sort by KUID or whatever column you wish. And, you can extract individual assets to individual CDP files if you wish, so you can instal only wha you want to.

What Malc said. Execute CDPExplorer and a window will come up. Drag and drop the CDP file on the window and it will list the assets. You can sort by KUID or whatever column you wish. And, you can extract individual assets to individual CDP files if you wish, so you can instal only wha you want to.
Nah, just drag and drop onto the CDP Explorer desktop icon. Cuts out the middle man.

Back