USA Pics

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

A Day on the Rock's Mid-Continent route.

RI's Train The Texas Rocket is flying down the line headed for Dallas, coming from KC.
2021-11-13-092249.jpg

Later in the morning a few RI Geeps lead a TOFC train.
2021-11-13-091619.jpg

A manifest lead by an F unit trundles by.
2021-11-12-205351.jpg

Here comes a grain train bound for Minnesota.
2021-11-13-092544.jpg

A train led by 3 EMD's and a U28B fly over a dried-up river.
2021-11-13-093045.jpg

Last train of the day, a manifest bound for Chicago passes a few Geeps.
2021-11-13-091421.jpg

Great shots everyone!

On another day, we find a Frisco through-freight heading south. The ICG SD40 was a nice surprise on this visit.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

whoa, fantastic shots of the Rock island and Southern Pacific.

Thank you! The Rock and SP were fantastic railroads, especially since my grandfather grew up around the Rock, I have loads of his old slides and most are on YouTube under the user "Timetable," check 'em out, they inspire my RI screenies :)
P.S. my grandfather is still alive and still helping me with these things, glad to have him!

Rodbasin,
Great shots of the CB&Q and Delaware and Hudson in the snow. Their colors stand out so nicely against the stark snowy background. :cool:

I didn't know those Burlington 35s were available. Did a search for them in CM and have them now. They are the closest I've found, so far, to the HO scale TYCO Gp20 #5628, that was my first HO train engine and set. I'd try skinning a Gp20 but the Burlington color scheme is so freaking complicated, with those nose stripes. I don't think I'd do it justice.

Thanks for posting. They are really nice shots.

Regards,
Heinrich505

Thanks Heinrich.

The CB&Q is a lovely paint scheme .don't think there is much available for this road . I have some SD7s and a yard switcher but that's about it .

Thanks Stuart.

Back