USA Pics

The "boxcars" are often airslide covered hoppers. They do resemble boxcars at a glance.
122713USbnsf808117box-98R.jpg

Buffer cars are assigned to that service and are stenciled as such (this one is not). The outlet gates are sometimes welded shut or plated over to prevent unloading.

Holy crap what have I started

From what I know, they are to help keep the locomotives on the rails in the event of a derailment. The weight of the buffer car aids in that. There's nothing it can do against an explosion two cars back from the locos.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, The routes a work in progress. Only that scene is set up. The Dash 8 is from the DLS. Search C40-8 and you'll find 'em.

Quick reskin that turned out very well, unfortunately the route decided to be finicky and not want to load ANYTHING past this point so this is the only screenshot I got. Inspired by a Facebook comment, I call this the "Swooshbonnet".
g8RjxRt.jpg

A rare 3 way meet occured today in Daneville...

The first is the Daneville local sat in the siding, with SD40-2 #3173 leading

Then an eastbound coal drag rolled through town with ES44 #5459 in charge

A westbound stack train met him, ES44 #5481 leading

Later that evening the power of the Daneville Local was tied down on a rickety old spur to the lumber yard, while the end of an intermodal can be seen rolling through the background

FUN FACT! It's impossible for a train to run away in notch with just the independent on , alerter would prevent that from happening.:) (At least now)

The movie makers shouldn't of used a Dash 9 to represent the runaway since they have alerters and safety devices preventing this... oh well.

Last edited:
Back