USA Pics

Iron Mountain's local working the fertilizer mill:

t9ge.jpg

qcyj.jpg

k2vv.jpg

eqwh.jpg

31at.jpg

Executive F's pull an inspection train:

Nice skin you got there, but what version of JR's F40 are you using? I need a 4 digit number board for a skin I'm doing as I only bought the JR amtrak F40 version which has only a 3 digit number board.
Thanks.

Nice skin you got there, but what version of JR's F40 are you using? I need a 4 digit number board for a skin I'm doing as I only bought the JR amtrak F40 version which has only a 3 digit number board.
Thanks.

Amtrak Phase II- It had three digit ARN until I got rid of ARN completely- I only needed 2 F40's so I had no need for ARN at all. The cab and rear numbers are mapped directly onto the unit. I did away with the ARN, mapped the unit numbers directly onto the numberboards.tga, found that the one numberboard was reversed (that wouldn't work too well at all), reskinned the numberboards to have more of a "glowing lamps behind frosted glass" look to them, and created a new numbers.im mesh (two simple planes floating just in front of the numberboards) with the numbers alpha'ed on them. I know- it was a long road to travel for two locomotives.

I think if you join the Club Car, you get the CSX F40's free..... I'm not sure about that though. The CSX ones have 4 digit numbers, but they are only 9998 and 9999, so I don't know if they are even ARN equipped. Stabbing in the dark on that one.

Last edited:
@Slabay - this post - I think that's the only time I've seen my "Coffey's Grocery" store in a non-dricketts screenshot. Thanks for using it!

It really fit in with what I was doing there- I was looking for some derelict stuff for something else, so naturally, I looked for you by name!! As I was scrolling through your stuff, I found it and LOTS of other stuff that I want to use in other places, so look for more down the line!!

they are ARN enabled with the numbers 9992 9993 9998 9999

Amtrak Phase II- It had three digit ARN until I got rid of ARN completely- I only needed 2 F40's so I had no need for ARN at all. The cab and rear numbers are mapped directly onto the unit. I did away with the ARN, mapped the unit numbers directly onto the numberboards.tga, found that the one numberboard was reversed (that wouldn't work too well at all), reskinned the numberboards to have more of a "glowing lamps behind frosted glass" look to them, and created a new numbers.im mesh (two simple planes floating just in front of the numberboards) with the numbers alpha'ed on them. I know- it was a long road to travel for two locomotives.

I think if you join the Club Car, you get the CSX F40's free..... I'm not sure about that though. The CSX ones have 4 digit numbers, but they are only 9998 and 9999, so I don't know if they are even ARN equipped. Stabbing in the dark on that one.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll join the club car and try out the CSX F40 with my skin and see what works out.

@ 22alpha - that Coldwater Station is one beautiful bit of modelling. Are the texture files very big and does it have normal mapping? Whatever you've done, it looks brilliant.

@ Slabay - why, thank you! The digital denizens of your world will be "relieved" - Coffey's Grocery is one of the few buildings in Trainz that has a toilet at the back! :hehe:

Back