Updated cabs and Midwest Grain

Hello,

I have two problems with JR stuff which I need to explain, please:

1. How will I know what cab I can use for what engine? For example "emd_widecab_mechanism_type_4_ts12.cdp" or "EMD Widecab Type 4" doesn't tell me so much - only it's for EMD engines, but there are many EMD engines :) How I will know what cab I can use for SD60M, for example? I tried to change "interior" item in CMP, but I see only some parts of cab, only throttles and gauges :)

2 I'm confused by Midwest Grain updates. I have content and extension pack. First time I had version 1.0. Later I installed update 1.1, but in route list I still saw version 1.0. I have there all three JR sessions (Learning, Pioneer and Harvest).

Today I installed update 1.2, updated dependencies pack and another sessions. But in route list I see version 1.0 and version 1.1, where I have two new sessions (Grain Load and Welcome...).

It means I have to have some sessions only under 1.0 (alias 1.1) version and some new in 1.1 (alias 1.2) version? And if I would have my own session in 1.1, I can't to use it in 1.2. Or I will have to change map-kuid every time??

Sorry for annoying, but JR has only a good stuff and I would like to make some system in it ;)

Hello,

1. How will I know what cab I can use for what engine? For example "emd_widecab_mechanism_type_4_ts12.cdp" or "EMD Widecab Type 4" doesn't tell me so much - only it's for EMD engines, but there are many EMD engines :) How I will know what cab I can use for SD60M, for example? I tried to change "interior" item in CMP, but I see only some parts of cab, only throttles and gauges :)

2 I'm confused by Midwest Grain updates. I have content and extension pack. First time I had version 1.0. Later I installed update 1.1, but in route list I still saw version 1.0. I have there all three JR sessions (Learning, Pioneer and Harvest).

Today I installed update 1.2, updated dependencies pack and another sessions. But in route list I see version 1.0 and version 1.1, where I have two new sessions (Grain Load and Welcome...).

It means I have to have some sessions only under 1.0 (alias 1.1) version and some new in 1.1 (alias 1.2) version? And if I would have my own session in 1.1, I can't to use it in 1.2. Or I will have to change map-kuid every time??

Sorry for annoying, but JR has only a good stuff and I would like to make some system in it ;)

These cabs are only for items with custom cabs, Other words, the EMD widecabs are for the SD70macs, and SD70m's only, And the GE are for the Dash 9's and 8's. They will not work in other engines.

Hello,

Unfortunately none of our custom cabs are really meant for anything else than what we are putting them into. We do not have a certain series or listing of what is prototype for which locomotives as we take care of this part when we are making the locomotives and setting it all up. The only way you would know which one it would require would be by the KUID and that is searchable on our site if your missing it for some of our items.

If your trying to take one of the EMD Widecabs and put it on a SD60M your probably going to end up with a non desired result like you currently have where you see only some parts. The cabs we make as said before arent really meant to be replacements for defaults, simply due to all the working pieces and stuff we put into these.

As far as the route goes the newest version of the route is 1.2 which as we said this route is a work in progress and will progressively get bigger as we go along. The sessions released in the first release are old and had issues so i would suggest getting rid of those. The ones with 1.2 on the site you should be all set with in 1.2 and these are new sessions for that incarnation of the route. if you did have your own session in the old version of the route you would be correct where your old session in the 1st version will not work correctly in the latest.

Hello
I've bought and downloaded the CSX EMD SD80 and it has the inside signalling. The lights move as expected, but only ever show up in yellow, never red or green. This is regardless of whether the sgnal ahead is green or otherwise. I downloaded the very latest release of the FX library, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Is there something more I need to download?

I had previously bought the SD70mac and it runs well, but I wanted to have the inside signalling system, so I downloaded all four of the Widecab files containing the system, but none are showing up in the cab. How do I get this cab to appear?

A couple of weeks ago in the USA screenshot forum, someone had an interior shot which showed the inside signalling system, including a dashboard that was different, as it had a normal round speedo with the digital display in the bottom of it as well. I have the Dash 9, so I'm fairly certain it wasn't that, but likely an EMD loco. Could you help me identify it as I'd like to buy it.

Regards.

Eddie232

Last edited:
Hello
I've bought and downloaded the CSX EMD SD80 and it has the inside signalling. The lights move as expected, but only ever show up in yellow, never red or green. This is regardless of whether the sgnal ahead is green or otherwise. I downloaded the very latest release of the FX library, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Is there something more I need to download?

I had previously bought the SD70mac and it runs well, but I wanted to have the inside signalling system, so I downloaded all four of the Widecab files containing the system, but none are showing up in the cab. How do I get this cab to appear?

A couple of weeks ago in the USA screenshot forum, someone had an interior shot which showed the inside signalling system, including a dashboard that was different, as it had a normal round speedo with the digital display in the bottom of it as well. I have the Dash 9, so I'm fairly certain it wasn't that, but likely an EMD loco. Could you help me identify it as I'd like to buy it.

Regards.

Eddie232

Probably the UP SD70Ms your looking for.

On the 70MACs unless the prototypes had the cab signals in them, the units we sell wont have them. The SD80MACs for the majority were Ex-CR, which meant they needed cab signals for the Pittsburgh Line.

The cab signals in that case are like the PRR Position lights that the only color aspect was yellow, but the different ways it had the 3 lights aligned meant the different aspects so thats what your seeing here.

If your curious on what these aspects mean heres a site that explains them, as well as the wayside aspect of them too.

http://www.prrths.com/Philadelphia%20Chapter/Signals/PRR_Signals.html

Probably the UP SD70Ms your looking for.

On the 70MACs unless the prototypes had the cab signals in them, the units we sell wont have them. The SD80MACs for the majority were Ex-CR, which meant they needed cab signals for the Pittsburgh Line.

The cab signals in that case are like the PRR Position lights that the only color aspect was yellow, but the different ways it had the 3 lights aligned meant the different aspects so thats what your seeing here.

If your curious on what these aspects mean heres a site that explains them, as well as the wayside aspect of them too.

http://www.prrths.com/Philadelphia Chapter/Signals/PRR_Signals.html

Thank you for those explanations.

I'll buy the UPSD70 M

Regards

Eddie232

What cab would be appropriate for Norfolk Southern's ES44AC and SD70ACe heritage units? I'm not going for a cab with matching nose colors, but one that, at least, has the correct windows. Also which high hood would be appropriate for Socalwb909's High Hood Southern GP35? It's set which is short (and high) hood forward.

Last edited:
What cab would be appropriate for Norfolk Southern's ES44AC and SD70ACe heritage units? I'm not going for a cab with matching nose colors, but one that, at least, has the correct windows. Also which high hood would be appropriate for Socalwb909's High Hood Southern GP35? It's set which is short (and high) hood forward.
For a GEVO and ACe there really isnt a good option right now.

For a GEVO from JR I just use a Dash 9 cab (copy the CDP first, just to have a backup). On an ACe, most people use an AC4400 interior.

Back