UP Trancontinental Railroad. Ogden,UT to Greenriver, WY.

I've tried reskinning with GIMP and Paint.net, both epic fails. Why!!! I NEED the UP 4141!
With me living in College Station, TX, home of Texas A&M University and the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library, when U.P. brought the U.P. 4141 unit to town I got to see it when it was on display at the Presidential Library.

UP had built a temporary branch line onto the lawn of the Library. Here are a couple of pics I took of U.P. 4141 when it was in College Station where I live. These were taken in front of the George H.W. Bush Library and A&M Kyle Field. The UP mainline track darn near goes right thru my back yard so needless to say I do a lot of rail fanning from my back patio.
To top things off, in November of 2012 I got to see UP 844 roll thru college station when it was on it's way from Houston to Hearne, TX

Last edited:
I've tried reskinning with GIMP and Paint.net, both epic fails. Why!!! I NEED the UP 4141!
I'm guessing that you were trying to do reskins of the sporbust SD70ACe (well, more likely n8phu's fixed versions). Sporbust models are incredibly detailed, horrible for beginners. I'd go back to gimp, and try several simpler models before even thinking about trying to tackle one of sporbust's creations. Slugs and basic renumbers of units are good places to start, it's how I got started.

Both work well, especially GIMP. Clearly the programs aren't the problem...

If you're using SPORBUST's stuff, you should know that they're not very accurate depictions of the real model, and while they are mapped, they aren't all that easy to reskin. JointedRail's, on the other hand, are exceptionally easy to reskin and are well-mapped, allowing simplicity when texturing. But they're Payware, right?

Last edited:
How'd you do THAT?

I cheated. And the good part is, all the EULA for the UP Passenger Cars says " You may do whatever you wish to it, including reskinning, modifying or whatever floats your boat, for your own enjoyment, including free distribution. But to sell it for profit in any way shape or form, you must first tender a transfer of funds in the amount of $50,000 USD to the original author, Ron Gore, known in the trainz community as diecastgalore. Once the transfer of funds is verified, you may sell it to anyone you wish, for whatever you can get. Selling without meeting these terms will constitute a violation of international copyright. If this is a reskin, the original mesh creator's license & limitations apply. No warranty express or implied, this product tested with TRS2004 software version 2.4, build 2365." That's for the passenger cars. The Auxiliary tender from Cloackedghost275 says I have to get his permission to redistribute. The boxcar says "ONLY to be distributed as free items" so what do you want except for the reskined Auxiliary Tender? You gotta reskin it yourself. And Yes, these reskins do pertain to my route as this last summer UP 844 and the UP 150 Express went on the route I am creating.

Last edited:
I cheated. And the good part is, all the EULA for the UP Passenger Cars says " You may do whatever you wish to it, including reskinning, modifying or whatever floats your boat, for your own enjoyment, including free distribution. But to sell it for profit in any way shape or form, you must first tender a transfer of funds in the amount of $50,000 USD to the original author, Ron Gore, known in the trainz community as diecastgalore. Once the transfer of funds is verified, you may sell it to anyone you wish, for whatever you can get. Selling without meeting these terms will constitute a violation of international copyright. If this is a reskin, the original mesh creator's license & limitations apply. No warranty express or implied, this product tested with TRS2004 software version 2.4, build 2365." That's for the passenger cars. The Auxiliary tender from Cloackedghost275 says I have to get his permission to redistribute. The boxcar says "ONLY to be distributed as free items" so what do you want except for the reskined Auxiliary Tender? You gotta reskin it yourself. And Yes, these reskins do pertain to my route as this last summer UP 844 and the UP 150 Express went on the route I am creating.

But how did you cheat?

Probably took what he wanted from a real pic and just pasted it to the side of whatever he was skinning, instead of hand skinning it.

Anyone out there know where I can find an SP AC-12 Cab Forward either payware or freeware. I don't mind paying for payware. I would like to have a cab forward loco

Back