Unknown location of KUIDs?

dash56

Why several Kuids appears with a question mark (unknown location) in CM option missing assets, and if I do a search myself in the download station the asset is there? This brings a lot of trouble when I want to locate/download missing dependencies via CM (version 3.3 - TS2010) as because they are in unknown locations I have to download them one by one...

Try searching for the asset in CM 3.6, because currently you are comparing two different things. Since you have TS12, searching on the DLS will show more then searching in CM in TS2010.

Try searching for the asset in CM 3.6, because currently you are comparing two different things. Since you have TS12, searching on the DLS will show more then searching in CM in TS2010.

Thanks Oknotsen. But if I use CM 3.6 the assets will be installed for TS2012? I want to install them in 2010. Is that possible?

Check the version of the assets. If they are 3.5 or 3.6 you will not be able to install them into TS2010. Build 3.4 is a grey area, but seeing as you have CM 3.3 I doubt it.

Thanks Boomer.

If asset is 3.4 or less, how can I install it into TS2010 using CM 3.6 of TS2012? Please advise.

Download the asset in 3.6. For an asset with a build number higher than the build number of the eventual asset, you'll have to open the asset for editing, and edit the build number in the asset to be equal to or lower than the build number of the target installation. When you've edited any needed assets, save the desired assets to one or more ~.cdp file, and save them in a known location (like the desktop). Close CM 3.6, and open the version of CM associated with the earlier version of the game. Open the content manager, use the option "import ~.cdp's". Note that while this will work with most assets, if you're trying to backdate an asset which depends upon a feature of the game which was introduced after the build number of the target installation, the asset may not work, or may not work as intended.

ns

Back