Unexplained

Hi, all!

These two built-in items : "Drive Schedule" and "Schedule Rule" were created by Auran and left unexplained.
Can you help ?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, this is the way it is with lots of driver commands and rules. They were created over the years by various content creators/authors and no one bothered to put in a description or instructions on how to use them.
I'm not familiar with either Drive Schedule or the Schedule Rule. My gut tells me that the Schedule Rule is used to setup the driver schedule and Drive Schedule is the driver command inserted into the driver's command bar when the session is created or entered manually for a driver as needed.

That depends on what version of Trainz you are using. "Driver Setup" was N3V updated last November to work with 19 and 22. It now emits a driver list in a format that earlier versions of "Driver Schedule" and the Schedule Rule can't read. I understand "Driver Schedule" has been updated to work in at least 22. The Schedule Rule hasn't worked right since 12. It's unknown to me if that has been corrected in 22.

In use, you can edit "Driver Schedule" to select an assigned driver from the Driver Setup list and then issue a series of ordinary driver commands. You name this particular entry in DS and you can then use conditional rules like "Check Trackside" to activate the entry you want.

Back