UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Those bring back memories, Frank. I can remember watching 37s there at that time, when they started using the big torpedo ladle wagons....another job for Paul? All country paths now.
Great to see your work!
Best wishes
Ian

This morning there was a little stranger visiting Cairnrigg :)

Kittel-Dampfwagen.jpg

<kuid2:142675:500140:1> Kittel Dampftriebwagen

Ian, re post #17636 - August 1969 for the torpedo wagon service introduction while the blast furnaces at Consett were being rebuilt, around nine years before I took some shots on the branch (included on the disused-stations.org.uk site for Consett in the freight movements section). The molten steel was carried in three specially designed ‘torpedo’ wagons each capable of carrying up to eighty tons of molten steel. The wagons were designed and built to the requirement of British Railways by Disington Engineering Co. Ltd, part of British Steel’s Midland Group with assistance from Demag AG. Each wagon was carried on 14 axles with a fully laden weight of 241 tons. Sealed with a special lid and with 15 layers of insulation and an outer skin of steel plate to ensure that the molten iron did not solidify during the journey. The service ran twice daily, seven days a week for a number of month. Each train comprised two EE Type 3 (later Class 37) locomotives working in multiple, three torpedo wagons and three spacer wagons, typically MGR coal hoppers, between the torpedo wagons in order to distribute the load when passing over bridges. D6712 and D6791 were two of the locos on the 6X93 service. At that time the line from Washington to South Pelaw Junction was mothballed so the train ran from Redcar to Ouston Junction via Ferryhill, the Leamside line and Gateshead. Source: http://southpelawjunction.co.uk/wp/?page_id=1511

This morning there was a little stranger visiting Cairnrigg :)

(picture snipped)

<kuid2:142675:500140:1> Kittel Dampftriebwagen

Haha, - yes I've been much entranced by that little steam railcar as well Graham. Strange though that this is the only steam railcar model available for Trainz considering that so many railways experimented with them back in the day.

Great shots everyone!

GossMoorTane01.jpg

Goss Moor on the Newquay Branch, I have expanded this area vastly towards the South to include the Norhern edge of the China Clay area which can be seen in real life on trains crossing Goss Moor, it forms a nice backdrop.

Mark

2019-02-03165559jokfn.jpg

2019-02-031656365tjw8.jpg

2019-02-031704389ikpy.jpg

@KotangaGirl, thanks for the Compliment:).

(oh no, the Train drives on wrong Side, please forgive me...)

Greetings

Epo:)

Last edited:
Wow Bob, that is seriously nice. You didn't just go to Cornwall and take some photos did you and then post them here saying they were screenshots?

Back