UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Border Counties Line Twilight

In 1952 the ex-NBR Border Counties line in Northumberland lost its passenger service, was closed north of Bellingham and closed south of Reedsmouth Junction. Goods trains ran as required to Bellingham from Morpeth via the Woodburn branch, reversing at Reedsmouth Junction. Excursions, special trains and rail tours ran to Bellingham until the early 1960s, when the Woodburn branch was closed, with demolition following soon afterwards. During the late 1950s Diesel Multiple Units began to appear on the excursions, such as those on Bellingham show days.

Here a Cravens Class 105 is between Reedsmouth Junction and Bellingham. The in cab shot is the approach to Reedsmouth Junction station from the north west on the stub of the BCR. To the left are the goods sidings, access to (the closed) engine shed and the station's carriage spur, which could be used to stable special trains visiting on Bellingham show days. Bellingham station only had one platform and limited sidings.

July 2017 - Photobucket links switched to Imgur.

Last edited:
euros1x1024_zps507311e2.jpg

Where did you get the Eurostar, sir?

Diverting Times 1979

April 1979 at Stella South to the west of Blaydon on the Newcastle and Carlisle line. The Penmanshiel Tunnel collapse during March has forced the termination of northbound ECML services at Berwick, with passengers transferring to buses for the journey to Edinburgh. BR decided to send HST125 Edinburgh services from Newcastle along the Newcastle and Carlisle line and then via Carstairs. Here, a HST 125 passes Stella South power station west of Blaydon. Traffic between the coalfield and Stella South was substantial and in the hands of the ubiquitous Class 37. Freight bound along the ECML for Scotland was also diverted. Here a Class 47 heads an oil tanker empties back to Grangemouth refinery.

The diversions would continue for around six months, until BR had built a kilometre of new track to avoid the tunnel.

I had hoped that an updated HST125/Mark 3 coach set would have emerged with T:ANE but it did not happen.

July 2017 - photobucket links switched to Imgur.

Last edited:
I had hoped that an updated HST125/Mark 3 coach set would have emerged with T:ANE but it did not happen.

What I discovered in TS12 was, I think it was MK1 OR MK2 BR Intercity Coaches, make a great replacement(at least in my opinion) for the regulator Mk3 Intercity Coaches(I mean one you can add passengers that you can visibly see through the window and I think the coach is ridable)

Unless I'm mistaken I think they were built in and may be in T:ANE.

Simply beautiful R3 :Y:

A late BR era cab will need copious amounts of white masking tape round all the edges ,The depot fitters said it was for draught proofing but we all knew it was to stop the loco's falling apart :hehe:

Blue to Green to Blue, I can't make up my mind with this thing. Its not textured either as there is still a LOT missing and its a max render, hence all the "nice" effects. Been trying to slave hard on it while at home as well. My desktop doesn't have an issue with it despite rendering it on an AMD A4-5000 system, it did have a core i3 CPU in it but I took it out after it kept overheating, so I stuck an A4 in there with a Radeon 240 GFX card. I got a i7 itx system in here somewhere that I'd love to try it out on.

And those shell vents.. DON'T get me started!

Now that is nice WEN. As for shell vents, we have got to replace every single one on our 502 unit !!

Yikes, all of them rusted and rotten? Aparently the South Devon Railway make them, see here if you don't know about it: http://www.southdevonrailwayassocia...ss-Releases/Workshop_Reports/Ventilators.html
Another one I found, ultra models do have a drawing, which is what I used in the end to get the pattern right, it looks like a ball thats been cut in half/quarters/eights/etc. http://www.ultima-models.co.uk/catalogue/comp-roof.html

Been a while guys...

Been working on a route on TS2012 for a while. Inspired first picture on a section of the map already built in from the ECML Newcastle to Kings Cross.

A class 313 on the approach to Westley

BR Class 47 races through Westley towards Arlston Junction with a whole load of cargo behind it.

Finally, A class 37 races the opposite way through Westley towards the Westley Tunnel with some MK2's behind on a special to Seaborough.

Cheers :)

Back