UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Darn all, those are great!
Jack, that 2MT is brilliant, and the route itself isn't bad either. :p
Mason, I like it, but y u BR blue? :eek: And the place looks a little...well, dreary. I guess I'm just not a city person.

Dan, the back streets of most British towns and cities were pretty dreary in the 1970s... The scene only came about because I was trying out these new building assets, and having grouped them together thought I might make a scene of them; I was aiming for an atmosphere, and looks like you've perceived it!!

And you're right, BR Blue period is not my natural preserve (although I was already a teenager when it came into being). I'm sure before long we'll be seeing V2s and 2MTs clanking over the viaduct, but this was an out of the T:ANE drop-down stock grab (and I always liked those Brush type 4s even though I much preferred them in two-tone green).

Great screenshot that just needs Granville on his delivery bike.

PS I have warm memories of the 70s. If the backstreets were dreary, those who lived in them were not.

[snip....] PS I have warm memories of the 70s. If the backstreets were dreary, those who lived in them were not.

Oh yes!

With hindsight I should have said 'looked pretty dreary". There were some exciting things going on inside many of those 2up/2downs in the 70s.... ;)

Great shots everyone. I especially love nexusdj shots. :) I really hope to one day visit the UK and see some of their heritage Steam lines and also London.

Dan, the back streets of most British towns and cities were pretty dreary in the 1970s... The scene only came about because I was trying out these new building assets, and having grouped them together thought I might make a scene of them; I was aiming for an atmosphere, and looks like you've perceived it!!

And you're right, BR Blue period is not my natural preserve (although I was already a teenager when it came into being). I'm sure before long we'll be seeing V2s and 2MTs clanking over the viaduct, but this was an out of the T:ANE drop-down stock grab (and I always liked those Brush type 4s even though I much preferred them in two-tone green).
LOL, fair enough. I also quite like the 47s in green.

trainz%202015-06-11%2004-06-27-483_zpspmjznwwt.jpg
Just out of interest, is this black 5 model the one which comes with the S&C route? or is it something else?

For some reason, that seems a awful lot like a Black 5 repaint I found on the DLS.
I'll try and find the details. I'll edit them in here when I do.

LMS Class 5MT Black-by tmz06003

Last edited:
Some fantastic shots on here recently.
Mason - the atmosphere of that shot is so accurate it's mesmerising.
Jack - where is that 2MT from in the Duchy Days shot?

For some reason, that seems a awful lot like a Black 5 repaint I found on the DLS.
I'll try and find the details. I'll edit them in here when I do.

44826 is a GPLocomotives model.

Mason, looks like a Yorkshire/Lancashire-based town. Are we to expect a West Riding-based route at some point or am I getting over excited? :)

Mason, looks like a Yorkshire/Lancashire-based town. Are we to expect a West Riding-based route at some point or am I getting over excited? :)
Could be, Alex, though not from me - I spend so much of my time on asset creation that I'd have no time to make a complete route.

The terraces actually hail originally from Durham - I was there last year on quite unrelated matters and passed them as I was driving around looking for parking. Once I'd sorted that, I went back with notebook, pen and camera and took lots of shots and details. They're actually right under the ECML viaduct, but so far below that you could never see them from the train. I've not used the Durham brickwork as a texture, though, since they were too 'clean'. It's an ongoing project which still needs some work, but will be T:ANE compliant.

Mason - the atmosphere of that shot is so accurate it's mesmerising.

That's a very nice thing to say, Neville, thank you. Selecting the right time of day setting in Environment makes a big difference - as with real life photography, the most atmospheric times are around dawn and dusk!

The 2MT looks great, Jack. The Ivatts are sorely missed at the moment. Make a grand announcement when she is ready for the road! :) I could use a shed full!

Back