UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

1920x1080 pic

anytown.jpg

Hi Peter, I don't mean my Sunderland Route, I mean the modified version of the Settle & Carlisle I did. I have struggled with but it seems to be beyond my mortal abilities.

I'd quite like to see that route (the S&C one), but I've a feeling that emailing a copy of it would breach copyright legislation (plus I only have 04, 06 and TC3).

Here is a couple more shots from Glauston Internation Station during the 1990s...
rossc201301040000.jpg

rossc201301040001.jpg

By the way Nexus, I can't wait for the next installment of Midshire.

I'm curious...

Great shots all :)

llandudnobox1x1024_zps37c34f8f.jpg

Hi Nexusdj,

Got a question for you re all your marvellous screenshots. Are these merely one or two baseboards jam-packed with details which you've created just for posting a screenshot or are they actually part of some humongous route which you've spent years building? The detail level is just awesome.

I have to say that all your shots really inspire me to get on with a UK route which I am building, but when I look at where I am going with it, I'm struggling for motivation - not because I don't like UK Trainz, but I guess I just started wayyyy too big and too fast and looking at all the space to be filled just makes me dizzy! :p

What appeals to me most though, is that your BR (Rail Blue) themed screens remind me of a trip to the UK I did with my parents when I was 13 back in 1987. Haven't been back since so I guess there's no such thing as toasted bacon "sarnies" served on the GNER run from London to Edinburgh these days! I really liked all the Blue & white liveries floating around at the time (well perhaps more grey than white) but I'm not a big fan of all the privatisation of the railways which took place since then. Virgin this, First Great Western that... all very confusing to this rail fan.

Anyway, I really like seeing your posts! You've got a great eye for detail, but then I guess as a retired train driver, you've got the perfect background experience to ensure all details are spot on! Also enjoy using your DLS content too... well done.

Oh, one more thing... what Graphics card are you using? Some of your spline Catenary items appears strange when I place it on a baseboard in Surveyor (specifically the Crewe style gantries). The "zigzag" components seem to get fuzzy the closer one moves toward the item. Yours seem very sharp in contrast.

Cheers!

Rik

I'd quite like to see that route (the S&C one), but I've a feeling that emailing a copy of it would breach copyright legislation (plus I only have 04, 06 and TC3).

Its unlikely it would breach copyright regulations but as I said it doesn't seem to exist in any meaningful sense. Its like a dream or a ghost.

Heres a Lambton Tank passing Hylton watched by a lone cyclist.

Lambton Tank at Hylton (2) 8.1.13 by pinzac55, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here's a pair of "Rats" heading past Penshaw

Class 25s at Penshaw 1.1.13 by pinzac55, on Flickr

To answer your questions "Are the screenshots you've been posting from the new version in progress or the from old one?" Its the same route I started in 2004. Only the baseboards remain, virtually everything has been changed, in some cases several times. "It occurs to me that, if you are expecting to take another two years to complete the route, you should upgrade to TS12 now as new TS12 routes are already appearing on the DLS and you will find that a lot of the assets you have had to correct have newer corrected and improved versions available in TS12." I don't expect to ever complete the route! My enthusiasm for Trainz has waned and as for TS12 I have TS10 but have never used it because of Speed Trees. I really can't be bothered struggling to put things back to the way I built them."I presume a route-builder would not need any permissions to use others' assets (available publicly on the DLS or elsewhere) on his/her uploaded route (if unmodified) - I'm open to correction that, but have always assumed it to be so." My understanding is that you MUST seek permission from the Creators of assets if you intend to upload a route using them and ESPECIALLY if you have modified or reskinned them.
"Could you just list all the names of the stations on your route, so we can see the geographical extent, please? If you look at the map below my route comprises Sunderland to Leamside and Sunderland to Murton, and Hall Dene on the Seaham line plus the Ryhope Colliery branch and Lumley NCB branch.
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...17kULfVIMyS0QWuyIHIBw&ved=0CEwQ9QEwBA&dur=679
"And ... keep up the good work - we're all looking forward to it (and shall try not to pester you too much along the way)! "
Cheers!
:wave:
Hi Lewisner where did u get the penshaw monument from and is it on dls?

Hi Lewisner where did u get the penshaw monument from and is it on dls?

Hi Sandancer its a bodge job made of "Chimney 25 m" which I reskinned to a mud colour with wall splines bottom and top also reskinned (the angled bits were hell to do) then an Asphalt car park spline for the base and Quay Steps. There are something like 40 objects or splines in it.
Here it is looking towards Coxgreen station

Penshaw Monument Trainz 9.1.13 by pinzac55, on Flickr

Heres the real thing pictured by me in 1989 with Coxgreen Station in the foreground. The station is so covered in trees now that you can't get this view.

Coxgreen Station 26.12.89 by pinzac55, on Flickr

Hi Sandancer its a bodge job made of "Chimney 25 m" which I reskinned to a mud colour with wall splines bottom and top also reskinned (the angled bits were hell to do) then an Asphalt car park spline for the base and Quay Steps. There are something like 40 objects or splines in it.
Here it is looking towards Coxgreen station

Penshaw Monument Trainz 9.1.13 by pinzac55, on Flickr

Heres the real thing pictured by me in 1989 with Coxgreen Station in the foreground. The station is so covered in trees now that you can't get this view.

Coxgreen Station 26.12.89 by pinzac55, on Flickr

Looks great to me lewisner, great photo too!

Angela,

Did this refer to me (this Peter)?

I don't have my email address anywhere on this forum. I have a link to my Trainz profile page that can be used to send (by registered Trainzers only, if I understand correctly) a message to my email address. I believe that should be secure enough.

Peter.

Peter, I advise you to remove your email address otherwise you will get spammed to hell....

Angela

Rob,

Those liveries are just gorgeous! Is that what the SDJR (Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway) trains looked like? In what period? So beautiful! I always thought they used LSWR/SR livery coaches and MR/LMS livery locos. This is a real eye-opener. Are these coaches and locos on the DLS? I was looking for SDJR stock recently and didn't notice them.

You just have to put that shot in for a suitable "Screenshot of the Week" competition. You'd need to wait a while though because this week's theme is "Deserted stations" and next week's theme is "Shots without trains in them".

I'm trying to encourage more UK and Irish people to post shots to and vote on "Screenshot of the Week" competition (especially steam!). I'll PM Zachary, the moderator, to suggest those sort of themes for the future.

Peter.

Rob,

Those liveries are just gorgeous! Is that what the SDJR (Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway) trains looked like? In what period? So beautiful! I always thought they used LSWR/SR livery coaches and MR/LMS livery locos. This is a real eye-opener. Are these coaches and locos on the DLS? I was looking for SDJR stock recently and didn't notice them.

You just have to put that shot in for a suitable "Screenshot of the Week" competition. You'd need to wait a while though because this week's theme is "Deserted stations" and next week's theme is "Shots without trains in them".

I'm trying to encourage more UK and Irish people to post shots to and vote on "Screenshot of the Week" competition (especially steam!). I'll PM Zachary, the moderator, to suggest those sort of themes for the future.

Peter.

Thanks very much. The SDJR livery of Prussian Blue with gold lining and lettering was in use prior to the SDJR being absorbed in to the LMS in the 1020s. The liveries shown are an approximation, a compromise, as they are reskins of other models but I think they're near enough!

The S&DJR system was a through system and carried traffic from other companies predominantly SR and LMS so their liveries were seen often on the SDJR, the SDJR livery was confined to SDJR metals. I've no doubt a SDJR expert will either confirm or refute that statement!

As for Screenshot of the week, correct me if I am wrong but does the poster have to show pics of a layout created by the poster? The layout in my pic is TLBlades Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway for TC3.

Rob.

Rob,

> As for Screenshot of the week, correct me if I am wrong but does the poster have to show pics of a layout created by the poster?

I'm pretty sure not, but have asked the moderator and made loads of suggestions for UK and Irish themes.

Peter.

The ballast renewal session begins, with Plasser and Theurer tamper no.9043 crawls along the track in question.

A closeup of the tamper.

Scania Rail 66303, still in obsolete Fastline colours, with 66444 in a Large Logo heritage livery get the ballast train moving.

Over the bridge.

That's odd, I was convinced it was an email address... never mind, a PM link is fine, they go elsewhere and not to you.
Some folk do put their mailing address up and are very sorry they did, but it seems you were sensible and I was half blind... ha ha.

Angela

Back