UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

zxr400 Merseyrail 507/508 not working !

This might seem pointless but zxr400's merseyrail 507/508 isn't working on my TS2010 game . Anybody help . PLEASE ! :( :'( :confused:

This might seem pointless but zxr400's merseyrail 507/508 isn't working on my TS2010 game . Anybody help . PLEASE !

Posting in the correct thread would probably be more useful. Try the TS2010 one.

Anyway, a couple more from what now seems to be consuming almost all my spare time.

A 55 on a railtour special approaches Kyle of Lochalsh.
pfx_20110408_0000.jpg

Running around the rake for the return journey.
pfx_20110408_0003.jpg

Hey PFX,

Nice route, youve really brought out the beauty of Scotland.

What Branch (s) Are you planning to work on for that route.

Hi Liam.

I'm currently working on the 80 odd miles from Kyle of Lochalsh to Inverness. It's going to take as while as I've been on the first mile for the last 2 1/2 months. Things will speed up as I get more rural.

Here are a couple more shots in the meantime.

A 26 approaching the outskirts of Kyle.
pfx_20110411_0000.jpg

Passing below Main Street on the station approach.
pfx_20110411_0001.jpg

Lovely shots of Kyle pfx, here's another Deltic shot- at Skegness this time:

Class5555002_002.jpg

Seems like the driver got a little lost (see headboard!!).

tmz, put it down to signalling error.

I'm starting to move north of Kyle now.

A 37 runs light into Kyle in the early evening.
pfx_20110412_0000.jpg

Lovely shots of Kyle pfx, here's another Deltic shot- at Skegness this time:

Class5555002_002.jpg

Seems like the driver got a little lost (see headboard!!).

I see you don't know much about Skegness(JK) First there is only 4 platforms not 6 the gasometer aint there anymore i dont live there i just go on holiday there :)
Thanks Bah2

I see you don't know much about Skegness(JK) First there is only 4 platforms not 6 the gasometer aint there anymore i dont live there i just go on holiday there :)
Thanks Bah2

And you needed to quote a picture 2 posts above your own to make that point?

On the subject of tmz06003's work, here are some preview shots again from Kyle (sorry to be so repetitive, it's taking me a long time to get things ready beyond there. I'll make this the last for the time being).

On a farewell tour, D55002 with the Plock of Kyle in the background. The headcode is fictitious so I'm taking no responsibility.
pfx_20110413_0001.jpg

Hauling a mixed rake of MkI/IIs.
pfx_20110413_0003.jpg

Passing the former loco yard (with defunct turntable hidden in the weeds).
pfx_20110413_0005.jpg

Hopefully this gives an impression of the sheer size and power of the 55s.
pfx_20110413_0007.jpg

A group of PW workers oblivious to the sound of Napiers.
pfx_20110413_0010.jpg

Pulling in to the station with an idle 37183 awaiting posession.
pfx_20110413_0011.jpg

37183 clags it with a mixed frieght.
pfx_20110413_0013.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Bah2

The gasometer was still there when this was taken earlier this year, as far as I'm aware it's still there today.
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2261166
If you care to take a look on Google Earth, you will see that Skegness does indeed have 6 platforms, not 4. :p
Here is a photo taken in 2008.

skeg.jpg

Last edited:
The gasometer was still there when this was taken earlier this year, as far as I'm aware it's still there today.
If you care to take a look on Google Earth, you will see that Skegness does indeed have 6 platforms, not 4. :p

Thanks for your post Blackwatch- obviously bah2 knows even less about Skegness than I do :D

I don't claim to know anything about Skegness anyway, the point of the pic was the Deltic.

Keep the screenies coming pfx, I see you've taken my hint and got my favourite tractor in there, the 37s with a Highland stag symbol are fine for your route.

G'day all. First screenshot I've posted here. This is screenshot of a WIP of a little known industrial tramway I'm working on. Points to whoever can work out what tramway it is. P.S there is a bridge missing immediately behind the train. Which silly bugger bricked that up?

Clue: The tank wagons contain a byproduct of the line.

5615595843_cf924f3bf6_b.jpg

It's 1930 and a small saddle tank plods across the street as a rare visitor, 5701, passes overhead with a lengthy goods train. As part of a "colonial exchange trial" between the LMS and NSWGR, a near new (and already rather grubby) D57 class "Mountain" loco built to replace the ageing 2-8-0 types on heavy loads was sent to the LMS in exchange for a Fowler 7P "Royal Scott" class. The trial was unsuccessful and both locos returned to their respective railways shortly afterwards and the trial fell into obscurity.

Cheers,
Evan.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2261166

(photo removed)

I've just checked both National Rail Enquiries and Wikipedia, both are stating there is only 4 platforms at Skegness (3,4,5 and 6) - according to NRE platforms 2 and 7 are no longer in use (http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/sjp/SKG/plan.html)

Shane

Shane, they might not be in use, but they are still physically there. :D

WEN, I presume (don't know for sure) that there used to be more platforms in use (1 & 8) in the stations heyday, that have had the trackbed replaced by encroaching carpark. :)

Back