UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Great shots everyone!

Some I took at St Erth in 2005
icon_mrgreen.gif

StErth10.jpg

A Wessex Trains 158 from Penzance to Portsmouth Harbour.

StErth11.jpg

A Virgin Trains Voyager on a Glasgow Central to Penzance service.

StErth12.jpg

And finally the Wessex Trains 150221 on a service from St Ives to St Erth.

Mark

It's actually Trainz that needs to write stuff into the program files folder (ie. where your content is saved) and by default Vista does not allow programs to do this.

One solution is to turn off UAC (Google it if you want to try it), and another is to install somewhere other than program files (ie. C:/Auran). I think there are a number of other ways also but I can't remember them off the top of my head!

@ Escafeld - This is what I ment just put much much better.

:D

Andy

@bassist118 - Thanks for your help. Not sure how to install into the root directory, but will figure it out.

@gds - Thanks, another good idea to look into.

I'm upgrading to Windows 7, I think, and wonder what problems that will hold.

Running 7 Pro 64bit here on my laptop and it certainly runs better than the old xp64 I had on it. Loading times into windows is a considerable improvement. No real hassle for drivers, only one's I downloaded where for the graphics (always better than windows provided) and the card reader where I had to use the old xp driver. Haven't really ran any game tests on my laptop but TC3 and 2009 went on without any problems in the default locations. Desktop wise I'm still running a RC of win7 although I will stick pro on at some point. Performance wise no problems here what so ever, I can load up TC3 and the full S&C route and session in under 1min, also got 2009 on and thats running ok, but at the moment that's just used for content creation purposes so no real in game tests. Did do a cheeky test on my desktop where I created a 5gb ram drive and copied my TC3 install to that and loaded of the ram drive, as can be expected it goes like **** of a Teflon shovel. But I expected that, considering the main bottle neck in any PC setup is the HDD, even with SSD's their is still a bottle neck. Overall I'm very impressed with Win7 so much so its the first OS I've brought since win2k.

Rob

Running 7 Pro 64bit here on my laptop and it certainly runs better than the old xp64 I had on it. Loading times into windows is a considerable improvement. No real hassle for drivers, only one's I downloaded where for the graphics (always better than windows provided) and the card reader where I had to use the old xp driver. Haven't really ran any game tests on my laptop but TC3 and 2009 went on without any problems in the default locations. Desktop wise I'm still running a RC of win7 although I will stick pro on at some point. Performance wise no problems here what so ever, I can load up TC3 and the full S&C route and session in under 1min, also got 2009 on and thats running ok, but at the moment that's just used for content creation purposes so no real in game tests. Did do a cheeky test on my desktop where I created a 5gb ram drive and copied my TC3 install to that and loaded of the ram drive, as can be expected it goes like **** of a Teflon shovel. But I expected that, considering the main bottle neck in any PC setup is the HDD, even with SSD's their is still a bottle neck. Overall I'm very impressed with Win7 so much so its the first OS I've brought since win2k.
09 does seem to start much faster, but I can't seem to patch it past version 38017 - the 40040 patch fails to install, no matter what I do...

HA! What a blinding selection of pics Emo, thanks for posting :D

Hope to see more.

Edit* More great shots from Marky too. These two routes really should be released.

Great shots everyone!

Hayle_Viaduct01.jpg

A Double voyager from Penzance crosses the Hayle Viaduct

Hayle_Viaduct02.jpg

The Viaduct from the overbridge at the western end

Hayle_Viaduct03.jpg

The view across the old Hayle harbour, and the estuary, Lelant is the village on the otherside of the estuary.

Hayle01.jpg

Hayle station, looking east.

Hayle_Estuary03.jpg

And finally a class 150 Sprinter on the St Ives Branchline, between the 2 cuttings before the line opens out onto the north coast.

Mark

I think they may be by nexusdj, but not released yet. Mark will confirm or not when he gets time from his route creation labours.

Angela

Nor will they ever be released as they are from Snowsignal payware voyagers and he don't allow reskins to be released. Peterdhicks has done the East Midlands Meridians and they are on the DLS for free though

Nor will they ever be released as they are from Snowsignal payware voyagers and he don't allow reskins to be released. Peterdhicks has done the East Midlands Meridians and they are on the DLS for free though

Yes, they are snowsignals, whos models can only be reskinned for personal use, as they are payware.

Edit:
@Tidgney: The hills are made using DEM (Digital Elevation Model) freely available from NASA, which can be imported into trainz (via TransDEM and HOG) and the hills are already there.

Mark

Last edited:
Im Back

:)Hello Guys Im Back After So Long Heres Some Projects I Will Be Working On When I Get My New TRS04 Here They Are:Ascot 3rd Rail,Cross City (South),Network West & Maplstead Route (Pronounce Maplestead Route)
:) Some Other Projects Including Network North West Might Not Be Created
So I Will Be Back Again Until The Bye

Back