Uhm, a total noob question

litlepetslinki

I'm making myself look like a idiot, but

how do i install addons? i downoaded all the kuid's for a train, but i dunno how to use them.

thanks, slink

before we an help you much we need to know what version of trainz you are runing; and where you downloaded content.

peter

a total noob question

Hi Slink, when Peter asked what version of Trainz you were using he meant 2009 or Trainz classic or 2006. When you download assets from the download station they should install automatically and be ready for use without you having to do anything further. Have you tried using the train annd see if it works?

Sometimes though if your options aren't set up for automatically committing the assets after downloading they'll be in the open for edit tab in Content Manager. If you click on this tab and see some assets there with a black spanner and hammer icon then they are waiting to be committed. To do this you just click on each item (or select one and then press Ctrl + A to select all of the items) and then press Ctrl+M and they'll commit and then disappear. This means that they are ready for use.

See how that goes but try the train first. It may just be waiting for you to come and play! And don't feel stupid about asking any question because the manuals aren't really that explanatory and there are a lot of things that can only be found out by watching the forums.

Good luck,

Railwayz.

i dont know, my case says "TRAINZ"

and at bottom it ays "version 1.3"

and whats the ..content manager?

and i downloaded the files into temp, so i dont think i can use em yet.

thx, slink

The files you downloaded should either be .exe files or .cdp. wither way simply double clicking on them will start you on the instalation process for them. once they have been installed there is another step your supposed to do; however it has been ages since I used Trainz; and I don't remember it.

Content Manager is a program released with TRS2006 and newer to help stream-line the instalation process. If your compter & bank can handle it; I'd suggest getting a newer version of the game. Either TRS2006 or TS2009.

peter

Version 1.3 was the first widely distributed version of Trainz. It has no CMP. Also stuff for newer versions are not likely to work.:(

Version 1.3 is 2004 I think. God if euphod was here he'd know.Slink you won't have a content manager in your'e version so transfer the files from temp into the trainz local folder(in the auran tree) with explorer. Then go into the game. you should find the items there ready to work. If not, then send a thread here and tell us what you did and what happened. Also confirm what version of trainz u use just to make sure.
baz

Version 1.3 is 2004 I think.
No, sorry to have to correct you.

V1.0 Original Trainz
V1.1 Original Trainz SP1
V1.2 Original Trainz SP2
V1.3 Original Trainz SP3
V1.4 Original Trainz SP3 Spanish

V1.5 UTC
V1.6 UTC SP1 (I think)

V2.0 TRS2004
V2.1 TRS2004 SP1
V2.2 TRS2004 SP2 ("Passenger Edition")
V2.3 TRS2004 SP3
V2.4 TRS2004 SP4

V2.5 TRS2006
V2.6 TRS2006 SP1

PTP, Trainz Driver Edition, Trainz Routes and TRS2007 French and German come in here somewhere

V2.7 Trainz Classics (aka Trainz Railways, Trainz Railwayz) 1/2
V2.8 Trainz Classics 3
??? Trainz Classics 3 SP1

V2.9 TS2009WBE
V3.0 TS2009WBE SP1
V3.1 TS2009WBE SP2 (maybe, I'm guessing)

John

Thanks john.I wasn't sure. I don't go back past 2004 and I don't use it anymore to check the number. 3.1 for sp2 I wonder
baz

ohh, Version 1.3 and i got them from the Trainz download station

Realistically the version you have is a little limited as is the content available and the extra functionality came later.

These days I suggest moving to TS2009 or possibly TRS2004/2006. Either will give you a much wider range of content, TS2009 has a wider range of content it can use, and it doesn't require quite as much computer power to get a reasonable frames per second.

Cheerio John

I don't think noob is a aussie word. It's not in the dictionary so it doesn't count. How about newie
baz

Back