Turntable animation doesn't work

FSP

The Bavarian Banner
At first please apologize my very simple English.
A long time ago I learned it at the school.

When I build a turntable without animation, the turntable works perfect;
that means, the turntable rotates more then 360° in both directions.
When I build It as animated turntable, I can turn the spinner all in all only for 360 degree.

Is this problem known by Auran and is there workaround or an patch?

I also opend a Thread in the German Subforum.

I've made a number of turntables and as far as I know they do not need to be animated (by that I mean they do not need an anim.kin file to work). The rotational movement is done by code built into Trainz and set by the angles (or keyframes) entry in the config file.

Ben

... they do not need to be animated ...
Ben

Yes. I know two Kind of turntable. The "unanimated" works fine.
But it runs to fast. :eek:

The animated turntable runs smooth and slow, but it doesn't turn more than 360 degree.

BtW. and offtopic.
I could write it at the Trainz Dev-Forum, but I can't handle it as well as it need. :confused:

I'm pretty certain the un-animated (rotational) speed is built into Trainz and can't be changed.

In the the key-frames method I'm also pretty certain you can change the speed by changing the key-frames per second value (which may be what you have done). My guess is the key-frames method was implimented for transfer tables which move in a straight line rather then turntables and would have to be prevented from running past the last stop at each end. Because of that they can't go past 360 degrees when used for a turntable.

This is all somewhat of a guess so if I'm wrong would someone who knows please straighten me out, lol.

Ben

Back