mango madness
hi,
is there any thing out there that can fill in the top of the tunnel portal

tunnelru4.jpg

any ideas would be most greatful
cheers,
patchy

Hi Patchy,
You could try the "plateau" feature in the terrain forming part of Surveyor and work toward the mouth of the tunnel from above, if you understand what I am trying to say!

Cheers
Russell.

Hi Patchy,

If you have Trs2006, I recommend that you use the hole punches, tunnel mouths, wing walls, grass planes and tunnel bores which are included objects and splines. You can find them used on the Hawes Junction layout.

Although you need to practice to use them correctly they do allow the tunnel mouths to be located anywhere and at any angle.

If you have TC3 you can also alter the pitch of the tunnel mouths to accommodate gradients.

Or you could fill it with grass/shrubs etc, Search "ciuffi erba" this is some of the best scrub grass around and after placing a few of them and a couple of trees it should look great:)

Dear Patchy

You could try my 'tunnel cover '224165:1017 which gives a dry Australian grass cover to the tunnel front. There is also a similar product in green English grass from the UK.

regards

ntesdorf

AndrewH wrote:

You can find them used on the Hawes Junction layout.

Not totally true. The tunnel mouths are a fixed track item named UK Tunnel 2track stone. Surveyor didn't tell me what the tunnel itself is because it is under the earth. I can see it in wireframe mode but cannot reach it to use the get function on it. They did use the dighole method, though.
I know that the Spaniards used the dighole-tunnel portal (either track object or scenery)-tunnel spline method on the FR Montes-Espinoza route, but I never had the portal. I would like to have such portals and tunnel splines myself so I can do away with the standard tunnels that snap to 45 degree.

Dralex

Back