Trying to find creator of cow-calf set (Class 695-A and B)

Robertbc6

Hi,

A month or so ago, I downloaded a cow-calf set from a website entitled "Amazing Mike.nl". The creator of the asset had the username of reptile. The Trainz site shows that reptile has been inactive since 2009. The cow-calf set was originally in UTC, and had an EJ&E logo. I repainted the set to the Milwaukee Road colors and logo. I would like to upload the repainted set to the DLS, but have been unable to make any contact with the creator, or the website from which I downloaded the assets. Do anyone have any contact information for the creator or the website? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Bob Morrison

The website is still live: http://amazingmike.nl/ There is a CONTACT link on the right side of the header, over the word PAYPAL. You might try contacting them. I did not see any cow-calf pairs anywhere on the site.

Ah! yes, sorry, that was me being blind. I also downloaded that Baldwin center cap. That looks interesting. I hope you can get permissions to upload your reskins, we could use several reskins of these!

Hi Robert, I know Mike personally, made the scripts for him back in 2004/2005
he left the Trainz scene complete and he does not like his stuff changed and end up on the DLS
hope you will respect that. Next time I speak him will ask about it
to anyone else, do not buy anything there , he can't use his website, cause its from his EX
greetings GM

Sad to hear that G.M. As rare as the "cow-calf" pair is, it would be great if he could find it in his heart to allow reskins giving him full credit for the original. I know having something on the DLS is pretty much giving up control, but it can also be a legacy to his work. The great photographer Ansel Adams encouraged students to use his photographs (even the negatives!) to see what kind of creative things they could do with them.

@G.M.,

I will certainly respect Mike's wishes. Please let me know if he changes his mind. The models from Mike's site are in an old compression program, and when I finally decompressed them, they were faulty. I had to use AssetX to clear the faults, and that was before I could repaint them! They are currently in TANE. I was so excited when I found them, because I had been looking for them for years. There were none on the DLS, or any other site that I could find, except for Amazing Mike. I was going to offer them to Mike to post on his site, except that it is no longer his site. Do you know of any other sites that Mike might feel more comfortable posting the assets? Thanks for your info.

Bob

@wreeder,

There are all sorts of booster engines for diesels. They are called boosters, slugs, calfs, etc. The particular one I have been looking for was made by EMD. The most popular was the TR4. If I can get it to post it looked like this.

330px-Baltimore_and_Ohio_9624_%28TR4%29_Cow_and_Calf_at_Riverside_Yard%2C_Baltimore_%2822341847029%29.jpg

I also posted a Milwaukee Road version in the Trainz Gallery, under Robertbc6.

Bob Morrison

Back in the sixties, I was a member of a model railroad club that rotated layout visits between members' homes as club meetings and operating sessions. One of the guys had the Southern cow and calf that he had super detailed. I believe they were[FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Athearn models. He always volunteered to be yard master so he could run them.

William Reeder
[/FONT]

@DARTrider and d_doll01,

Apparently, from what I found out, Winace will not properly handle the ace files from the Amazing Mike site. I was finally able to find a program which will work with the ace files from Amazing Mike. It is called BitZipper. You will find that, even though BitZipper will decompress the files, they will show as faulty. You will need to use AssetX to correct them. Good luck.

Bob

There's a basic difference between "calves" and "slugs."

The calf has its own prime mover and is essentially a DPU with no cab or controls.

A slug has no prime mover and draws its power from the leader's gen set. The slug has traction motors and weight, so gives additional traction.

:B~)

There's a basic difference between "calves" and "slugs."

The calf has its own prime mover and is essentially a DPU with no cab or controls.

A slug has no prime mover and draws its power from the leader's gen set. The slug has traction motors and weight, so gives additional traction.

:B~)

Calves and slugs also are called different things. A Calve can also be a B unit (SD45-2B, GP9B, F7B, SD24B, etc). Slugs have two types, road and yard. Yard slugs have no cab and look like a slab on a frame. Road slugs have no power but they have a cab, horn, bell, air supply, controls and MU cables to control the locomotive it's mated to.

Back