TRS2022 Build 122411 - 30 minutes in and a slew of problems, more to follow? ;)

K3JohnHO

1 Random changes in terrain height causing rails/roads/ramp-overs to partially disappear etc,
2 Command line icon 'Unload' now a generic icon.
3 Track Profile pop-up will not close after loading 'View Tower Manager'.
4 'Change Command mode' will not restart an AI train once stopped.
5 'QR 2000 class rail motor' loses outer cladding, silver, and displays brown under structure at view distance over ~ 500 yards.
6 EITower pop-up black text on dark grey background - near unreadable useless viewed from well above correct viewing angle.
7 Animated 'Container lifter' frozen on 'Container Station'.

Shudder to think what a 'Compact' will do.

Does N3V actually have 'Beta testers' or just a list of names?

K3JohnHO - These appear to be specific to YOUR installation - as none of these issues appeared during beta testing.
Did you convert one or more of your routes to the new HD grid? Are all your assets, scripts and packages up to date with the latest available versions?
Animations are still working correctly on the container lifter on container station here...
Driver Command line icon for 'unload' changes after first use during a session using some 3rd party assets.
LOD transition issues may represent changes to use of tessellation for distance views and will certainly be asset-specific if the creator has not provided the correct LoD images for each view sector.
Beta testers helped sort out many issues ahead of this release - none of which you're likely to see now.
Yes - Compact Route was a risky proposition in earlier times too - Only resort to this on a route where you are having performance issues and where you are happy to completely replace any associated sessions.

I having serious issues with build 122411 with rendering of roads and tracks extremely slow on the UMR 2022. What can I do to resolve this issue? My PC build has a Ryzen 5 5600X with an RTX 3060 graphics card.

Seems it is all my fault then?

"Unload" is BUILT-IN AURAN KUID -3:10077, the two 'Power Stations" they follow are both AURAN assets. "Container Terminal" is AURAN KUID -25:36 (AURAN in now 3rd Party?)

Terrian level problem traced to "Oz Dirt' and "Parking Lot Asphalt" and probably others.

New bug, forgot and spun view while doing a bulk update (ground textures) causing application freeze needing an 'End Task" to close via Windows "Task Manager". (Please wait - Not Kidding).

Seems it is all my fault then?

"Unload" is BUILT-IN AURAN KUID -3:10077, the two 'Power Stations" they follow are both AURAN assets. "Container Terminal" is AURAN KUID -25:36 (AURAN in now 3rd Party?)

Terrian level problem traced to "Oz Dirt' and "Parking Lot Asphalt" and probably others.

New bug, forgot and spun view while doing a bulk update (ground textures) causing application freeze needing an 'End Task" to close via Windows "Task Manager". (Please wait - Not Kidding).
The terrain problem is likely caused by standard texture assets (non-PBR) as they lack height mapping.
When an asset has a 3rd Party tag, it is generally because it has been allocated to the Content Repair Group which is almost a "one man band" since Clam's passing.
Just because the asset has Auran as a username, it doesn't guarantee it will work in any particular Trainz version or work with other Auran assets.
Doing anything while a route wide change is being made is a recipe for disaster

Reverted to Build 117669 (TrainzPlus Remove/Reinstall) + saved (old) TRS22DATA folder.

Could not use post patch TRS22DATA file due compatibility problem "archive type not recognised" or similar - (good update trick).

Now works just like pre patch! :)

1 FIXED - No Random changes in terrain height causing rails/roads/ramp-overs to partially disappear etc,
2 FIXED - Command line icon 'Unload' now using original icon, not generic.
3 FIXED - Track Profile pop-up now closes on accessing "Tools Menu" -> 'View Tower Manager'.
4 NO CHANGE - 'Change Command mode' will not restart an AI train once stopped. (Nor will CRTL+RClick -> "Continue Schedule")
5 FIXED - 'QR 2000 class rail motor' no longer loses outer cladding, silver, and displays brown under structure at view distance over ~ 500 yards.
6 FIXED - EITower pop-up now black text on MEDIUM grey background, now readable.
7 FIXED - Animated 'Container lifter' no longer freezes on 'Container Station'.

Holding off doing the patch again till I build a quick 'revert' setup. Will advise when/if patch loaded again.

K3JohnHO,

Auran/N3V should asked you to check the log file for errors, before uninstalling and reinstalling the application, and any routes & sessions you had updated to the HD terrain. The error log can identify which assets/ KUID are causing these issues, but this not bulletproof.
I have had the issue with the application freezing (4 times) in surveyor mode after patching (122411) and converting the baseboards to HD terrain on a train route & session I have spent many months on.
I have also noticed the legacy water and other splines have been affected by the conversion.

The problems continue and will take a while to fix.

Not sure if related to this update but the spinning thumbnail in the track laying pullout is displaying snow textures when the route is set to summer in Environment and at 0m altitude.

What track(s) [kuid?] . I looked for snow on a few random tracks but didn't see any. Neither in Classic or S2

I would guess that the asset creator has included a snow effect layer but has the snow altitude set to 0m which has overridden the snow height setting in the Environment settings.

The "summer" issue has me stumped - the Environment uses the latitude and date settings to determine summer and winter. If the latitude is set to the northern hemisphere and no date has been set in either the route or the session then todays date would be summer so the snow effect layer should not be shown.

Last edited:
What track(s) [kuid?] . I looked for snow on a few random tracks but didn't see any. Neither in Classic or S2

It's this one Martin...
kuid <kuid2:565249:113883:1>
username "TSW PTS WCH S Diesel"

Now shown as built in presumably part of the new Russian "default" route.
It displays correctly on the actual route, so more of an irritation than anything else.

Ah, that. Part of a long series of tracks I never noticed. The spinning preview starts with the summer image but after a split second it shows the winter view and stays like that until TSW track is selected. They behave in the same way. As you say, in a route it displays correctly depending on the environmental settings, changing from summer to winter on Oct 25, 2023.

It would seem that the Preview is not ruled by the environment settings but shows both in quick sequence, staying with the last one.

The TSW PTS CAH track is the only one that does that. All others I've used are fine. It looks like the season change is a bug with this asset in Build 122411 because checking these assets in Build 119450 they don't exhibit the same behavior. Placing the track when it turns white, doesn't seem to affect it when it's on the route.

I don't understand why every time they do an upgrade, they mess up months of work in my route. I got textures missing and textures replace with other textures and water I can't get rid of, and just like you that's just a start.

In surveyor classic while pasting to a 10m grid route the program freezes if my paste area goes over the edge of base boards. To get the program to work again I have to restart my computer.

Noticed if you use undo to remove track sections making a junction or yard ladder etc, the spline points remain "ghosted" in white until you exit Surveyor and go back in.

Noticed if you use undo to remove track sections making a junction or yard ladder etc, the spline points remain "ghosted" in white until you exit Surveyor and go back in.
Is this in Classic in 122411? or in S2.0?
Could you explain the process step by step. I can't see using undo to remove track sections, why not just delete? Especially in 2.0 when multiple sections can be selected at once and then delete at the same time/

Back