TRS2009 System requirements

cgwright

Hello

I'm about to upgrade my PC for a higher spec machine. However, I'd like to have one that is ready for TRS2009. I can't find a "System Requirement" for what 2009 will need when it arrives.

My principal concern will be if needs DX10. As I understand it, DX10 is specific to Vista, so if TRS2009 needs DX10 then I'm locked into Vista. I'd rather keep using XP, for various reasons, but I'd like to know whether that will come back to haunt me.

Anyone know how to find out the system requirement for TRS2009???

Thanks in anticipation

Chris

TRS2009 System Requirements

Hi,

You should direct your question to the 2009 Dev Site

Cheers,

Srude

TRS2009 System Requirements

Hi,

The new version of Trainz is still a very long way off from release. And, your question regarding system requirements would be best answered over at the TrainzDevSite. There, you can post your question and someone will answer it in a reasonable amount of time.

Cheers,

srude

Hello

I'm about to upgrade my PC for a higher spec machine. However, I'd like to have one that is ready for TRS2009. I can't find a "System Requirement" for what 2009 will need when it arrives.

My principal concern will be if needs DX10. As I understand it, DX10 is specific to Vista, so if TRS2009 needs DX10 then I'm locked into Vista. I'd rather keep using XP, for various reasons, but I'd like to know whether that will come back to haunt me.

Anyone know how to find out the system requirement for TRS2009???

Thanks in anticipation

Chris

If you can hold off for a few months I'd hold off. TRS2009 hardware requirements are not yet set in stone. It would seem unlikely that it will use DirectX 10 since most games have decided to give it a miss. However DirectX 11 appears to be the one favoured by most game companies, so DirectX 11 is probably the one to go for. There is a new Intel processor due out in November which may well have an impact on price performance of cpus.

Currently TRS2009 betas are being run on a variety of platforms. It appears to be optimised for high end graphics cards and I believe nVidia's techniques for texture compression are being used.

Cheerio John

Thanks, Srude. I've posted the request over at the TrainzDev site, as you suggest.

Thanks, too, John. I understand what you say. Actually, I want to upgrade now, since my computer is stuttering badly with TRS2006, which is what I'm actually using. However, ny thought was to try and "future proof" the system a bit, if I can get some idea what TRS2009 *might* need!!

All the best
Chris

Thanks, Srude. I've posted the request over at the TrainzDev site, as you suggest.

Thanks, too, John. I understand what you say. Actually, I want to upgrade now, since my computer is stuttering badly with TRS2006, which is what I'm actually using. However, ny thought was to try and "future proof" the system a bit, if I can get some idea what TRS2009 *might* need!!

All the best
Chris

What are your present specs including operating system? Sometimes its possible to upgrade a couple of components at a reasonable price and make a major improvement on performance.

Cheerio John

Hello John

Yes, I'm sure you're right. However, I've been using this computer for quite a while now, and I've been thinking to upgrade it. Now my layout has got larger, and more objects on it, the frame rate has dropped right down, and even in Surveyor it is getting sluggish.

So, I thought I'd just splash out on a shiny new computer.

The advice to post to the Trainz Dev forum was good, I got the answers I needed there (so anyone reading this should pop over there to get the details). My new computer has been ordered today, and now I must just sit and twiddle my thumbs until it arrives!!

Regards
Chris

This may be a silly question but how/where do I get to the Trainz Dev Site? I've looked everywhere and see no links. thankz.

Hello all,

I have looked and attempted to understand what the system requirements are for TR2009.
I currently have TRS2004 .

My system is a P4 3GHz and 2G PC3200 ram ATI9250 AGP 8x (128M) card. TRS2004 runs fine ( it was helped by upgrading from 512MB to 2G ram).
OS XP

Q1) Does my system have enough power to run TS2009 resonably ?
Q2) Is there a large change from TRS2004 ?
Q3) If my system is not powerful enough what part needs upgrading ? all ?
Q4) Is it a great task to move my content from TRS2004 , will the .cdp files install into TRS2009
Q5) Will it run on Vista and how much memory is "really" required on Vista

I am looking for the same functionality Driver Surveyor Trainshed ...

I will likely wait until a SP1 is released (if its not there already )

I am surprised that there appears to be no listing of system requirements I could find easily on the TS2009 site ( but I may have not seen the obvious link ?? )

Thank you for your time

Bigboy2

System Spec are listed in the FAQ http://www.ts2009.com/faq.php

MINIMUM SPEC
  • Pentium IV 2.2GHz (or equivalent)
  • 1GB RAM
  • 64MB 3D Graphics Card (NVIDIA GeForce2 or equivalent)
  • Windows XP Service Pack 2
  • 1024x768 display resolution
RECOMMENDED SPEC
  • Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent)
  • 2GB RAM
  • 256MB 3D Graphics Card (NVIDIA GeForce7 Series or equivalent)
  • Windows XP Service Pack 2
  • 1024x768 display resolution

Back