Trouble with narrow gauge

Katalist

New guy
Hi all

im making a replica of the pioneer valley in trainz 2012

"the pioneer valley is a region of Queensland Australia
as far north as Townsville. As far south as Isaac
and as far west as eungella

the main industry in the area is sugar cane and the rails it travels on is all 2ft narrow gauge
But I can't find any narrow gauge on the download station

i was wondering if there was a way to convert an existing locomotive/rolling stock to narrow gauge via script or in game

all replies are helpful thank you

If you can't find any narrow gauge rolling stock in the DLS, you haven't been looking hard enough! Type "edh6" or "clam1952" in to the search bar and tick the "Search by username" box. Amongst the locomotives that edh6 has done is an 0-4-2T Bagnall in a generic black livery which would very much suit 2ft gauge sugar cane railways.
There's also a K1 Garratt that ran in Tasmania on the DLS, search "TGR K1".

You will also find an 0-4_0 Porter on the DLS which may suit. I have a vague memory that there are some cane cars up there. You will find a lot of 24" stuff but not much suited to Australian cane railways. If you want a Garratt there is a NGG11 there as well.

Peter

Just checked. There are 11 cane cars on the DLS and three versions of one cane loco. Search for QLD or CANE

Peter

Reply to posts so far

ill search using the information you have given me. Although I will be unable to until the 5'th of this month
(Aus EST)
for the time being thank you for the help. I'll let you know if the tips pay off when I can.

I admit the last i checked the dls for Ng was late 2015:hehe:

but I'll search 600mm 60cm 2' 24" etc As suggested

once again thanks for the info:)

Thanks

Thanks all so much
it helped me lots I've now got a full Arsenal of locomotives for 2ft track although was unable to find cane bins or sugar cane products. Ah well. With a community like this. I reckon some day someone will make sugar bins and products for now I'll work on the topography

once again thanks so much for the help

Katalist.

With all respect, don't you read the posts in your thread. There are 3 types of QLD cane bins on the DLS and one locomotive as I pointed out earlier in this thread.

although was unable to find cane bins

This comment does make you look a bit silly. It gives the impression that you are not using Content Manager, if you had, you would have found them for yourself.

Peter

Or the DLS itself, because that also has pictures of the items as well as the download links (it's what I usually use compared to CMP).

Just inquiring what version of trainz you found the bins on
I have trainz 2012. Is trainz backwards compatable?
If so would tane and ts2009 assets work? Or is it a different file system?

Just inquiring what version of trainz you found the bins on
I have trainz 2012. Is trainz backwards compatable?
If so would tane and ts2009 assets work? Or is it a different file system?

It's not so much a different file system; more due to improvements made to the assets created in T:ANE which are unheard of in previous versions. This issue is not uncommon with any program you run on your computer. As time goes on there are improvements and changes made to the data, which means the programs can read older data but older programs can't read new.

The reverse is true, however. Any assets, for example made for TRS2004, TRS2006, TRS2009, and TRS2010 will work fine in TS12 and T:ANE.

John

At one time, we were reluctant/refused to assist any poster whose posts did not indicate that he had a registered copy showing on his timeline above. Why are we helping this poster? I was wondering why he/she could not use the DLS, without seeing the obvious reason. He/she can't access it without having a registered copy.

Should we continue to help?

Peter

I was about to add there is actually a QR 2ft range of ng track on the DLS, which was the go-to asset prior to clam1952 releasing his excellent set. However just noticed the comments above, so if the OP wants to register a legitimately purchased version of the program then he will get his 100Mb a day free quota for the DLS, which should be enough to d/l these track splines.

On that matter I'm unsure how to add my version to my profile
though I did buy trainz classics 3 back in 2009 I think. From a store in town
in 2013 I bought trainz 2012 in store again. Since the disc has never worked
I bought another copy of trainz 2012 on steam for ~$25 so I am legit though just unsure how to use planet auran

Back