Trainz Railwayz?

Approach_Medium

Trainz Addict
Good morning;
Can anyone tell me what Trainz Railwayz is?
I had never even heard of it before finding it on Amazon.com.
Is this the same as TS2006 with a couple extra routes, or what?

Thanks

FW

I do believe that Trainz Railwayz is the UK version of Trainz Classics.... On the TC3 website, www.trainzclassics.co.uk it used to say "Trainz Classics. Marketed in the UK as Trainz Railwayz". I think it's meant to be TC1&2 in the UK.... I think.....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I do believe that Trainz Railwayz is the UK version of Trainz Classics.... On the TC3 website, www.trainzclassics.co.uk it used to say "Trainz Classics. Marketed in the UK as Trainz Railwayz". I think it's meant to be TC1&2 in the UK.... I think.....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Trainz Classics 3 is Trainz Classics 3
Trainz Railways is Trainz Classics 1 & 2. See here
It is also about £9 more expensive, even with the postage costs from one person it comes from, it is still £7 more expensive (considering that TzR is on free delivery!), the cheaper version is here.

To make matters worse, Just Trainz insist that you must have the disc in the drive to play it. So if you want to wait for your patches, an unreadable disc from overtrainzing, overpricing and poorer support, go ahead and by, or support our community and let the developers have the profits. :)

My copy was obtained from the Just Trains stand at the Warley exhibition a couple of years ago, it doesn't require the disk

Now thats new, I know TRS04/06 both require the disk (I got a copy of 04 that does require the disk, that was annoying!), but Trainz Railways, have they seen the light?
I still wouldn't recommend it, in fact, for the Eastleigh event, I sold AURAN copies of TC3 on 45132s stand. :)

Trainz Railwayz in the US is TRS2006 with SP1 already applied and TC 1&2 (2 separate disks) - at least that's what was in the copy I got from Best Buy :)
Neither program required the disk to remain in the drive after installation.

Last edited:
Neither program required the disk to remain in the drive after installation.
That's because it was released by Merscom, not Just Trains.....:cool:

btw...Trainz Railwayz (with the Z's) is the US release by Merscom....Trainz Railways is the UK version...

Last edited:
Trainz Railwayz Merscom

I am from the US and Trainz Railwayz (Full Version) Merscom build 3337 TRS2006 is very good for as to US content (older Marias Pass route, and such), it also has TC Harlem Line, Modula City and many European routes, and I am basically very happy with it. Downloading routes from DLS, and the Auran "black pages" is an easy way to get more routes. Third party routes and assets work extremely well too. If you have Vista make sure you have 1-2 gig ram, (or more preferably) and a good video card, and it should operate great. Paintshed works well, but has it's limitations. I got it for $14.99 USD at Best Buy...but I am looking forward to purchasing WBE2009 or 2010 soon.
TrainzRailwayz.jpg

The Myan calender predicts the world is going to end on Dec 17th 2012...In that case...I better get crackin' and get my Horseshoe Curve route finished and released so we all can enjoy it before its too late.

Last edited:
Back