Trainz Railway Simulator by Focus/Just Trains

b9k9kiwi

I am being offered either Trains Railway Simulator by Focus of GB or Trains Railway Simulator by Just Trains of GB.

I find that the former is described by Focus as Trainz 2008 but is in fact a re-packaged Trainz 2006.

The latter, however, appears to possibly be a re-packaged Trains Classic featuring the Harlem Line and Modula City. Can anyone 'out there' confirm or deny this.

Hi,

Focus are "budget software" - so what they provide is usually an older piece of software in their own packaging. it isn't that eay to find out what's inside...
Check out their website - they may have more details.

Regarding the Just Trains, their version of Trainz (2004 & 2006) both have copy protection which requires you to have the DVD/CD in the drive when starting the simulation. (Auran software doesn't)

Some people have found this a significant problem - some DVD/CDs seem prone to hairline cracks which mean that yu can't start the game until you get a replacement disc.
As you're in NZ, that may be a significant cost/delay (postage!)

You're probably better off ordering from Auran - they are also nearer!

HTH,

Colin

You're probably better off ordering from Auran - they are also nearer!

Thanks for the info - I have already been to both sites which did not have sufficient information - anyway, I have already 2004/2006 (bought in NZ, incidentally, quicker than Auran and cheaper :) ).

The reason I asked is because I thought I might have found a cheap early version of Trainz Classics. The 'great leap forward' to TRS2006 was such a bad experience that I will probably skip Classics and then only consider TRS2009 (post the inevitable software patch of course).

The Focus edition "Trainz Railway Simulator" is the latest build of TRS2006 (3337). Unlike the Just Trains edition it does not require the DVD in the drive once installed.

I should add, that's in the UK, not sure about the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Focus Edition

Same here. It is great not have the disc in the drive to run the game.
it is the Focus Edition I have

Back