Trainz 2010 my feedback. A lot good and still some bad

jjeff1955

I have spent weeks working with the Trs2010 Sp3 and I have grown to like it more and more. Running on a non internet Super computer Quad core sytstem. With a clean XP Pro Sp3.

The good stuff as follows Trs2010.
1. Very good looking Traffic graphics and not floating on the roads anymore, as they have gronded them. Better tires and not the Trs2006 flat thin looking paper kind.

2. Newer 2010 content looks much more real with more detail.

3. 3D trees look much better than the bladed type.

4. 5m cutting for better textures & base map control.

5. Builtin track sound such as squel sound good.

6. More clearer coupler sounds.

Blue Comet CNJ.
Bad
Ground textures shows up on the floor from time to time in the passenger cars when inside of them looking down the hallway.

The bad as follows Trs210
1. Engine sounds still poor and to soft.

2. Content Manager is very slow in commiting content.

3. new routes do not want to show up in route menue. Have to use Content Manager to view the route in survayor first and then save it to get it in the list.

4. When in survayor a lockup every 1 minute or so for about 3 seconds, auto save disabled.

5. Survayor hard to control when scrolling around wants to not respond to the mouse. Trs2006 did not have this problem.

6. Survayor compass speed way to fast even when lowered in the survayor options.

7. Up close Base Ground disapears at random when scrolling around

8. Mountains & mountain textures are blocking in and out at about 4000m away.

9. Builtin content is very poor with many hidden errors and a lot of them do not show up in survayor. A lot of poor looking very low quality 3rd party content that should of have been deleted for example a plain blue car, looks like a solid blue piece of wood no detail.

10. Content problems such as can not find evnmetal textures when they are there and correct format.

11. Get Content button in survayor in buildings and track section jumps to place content after clicking get content and is problem of placing unwanted content when just trying to find the content discription.

12. When doing a save when in survayor Trs2010, sometimes hangs for several seconds then flashes out for a bit. Saving is slow in comparison to Trs2006. Will not save Atls trafic light setting correctly.

Please do a Sp4 and this would be a very awsome improvement over the Trs2006 if you focus on these issues. Unless this one is fixed I will not buy anymore new releases.

Last edited:
Back