Today We Honor Those Who Left Us 14 Years Ago

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
It's been fourteen years since the Towers fell. And today we honor those who died today fourteen years ago. We will never forget you. We Trainzers across the country, and around the world, will never forget you.

What Franklin Delano Roosevelt said about the bombing of Pearl Harbor also applies to 9/11:
"A date that will live in infamy."

I was in Grade school still when this happened and I remember for 10 minutes all class were halted and we saw the whole thing happened on TV... May those Heros of that day rest in peace especially the firefighters in NYC. :(

To be honest, I was in 6th grade and remembered watching one of the planes hit the Towers on the TV in the cafeteria (yes, or school had a TV in the cafeteria. We never had it on during lunch though).

I remember the day, just one hour before, I remarked, that it was a beautiful, breezy, 65F day, and suddenly the calm was interrupted ... My first thought was the Charlton Heston movie in "Towering Inferno", what dum bass would fly a Cesna into a skyscraper ? I went home from work at lunch time, as I thought martial law was going to be envoked ... my boss said: "If you leave, you are fired" ... I said: "I quit a long time ago, you can't fire someone who doesn't work here anymore" ... BbbbBye, BossMan !

Last edited:
Geez, i was about 2 months old at the time. I don't remember seeing it, but once i was older, i saw the videos other people took.

However, this date will always be remembered.

I was only 2 years old at the time, and when all it went on, my mom was horrified of it, and my dad was at work, and he also heard about it.

I was 3 years old at that time. The only thing I remember was my grandpa sitting in front of the TV and crying...

I was four at the time and Mother was trying profusely to get me to not look at the television while they were playing footage of the event.

It worked, too.

Kieran.

I was around 5 and, as you'd expect, didn't know what was going on until much later. At the actual time it occurred I was watching Thunderbirds apparently, somewhat darkly ironic considering the plot of the show...
RIP to the victims, 9/11 will never be forgotten.

I was 59 at the time, and watching the drama unfold on a TV in our lunchroom at work. My company made airport passenger display systems and, until the towers fell, made money at it. Two weeks later, we were nearly broke as the airlines/airport authorities were pouring their money into security. Something they should have been doing all along.

Bill

I was 49 at the time and was standing in Costco here in Derby watching it on tv thinking it was a movie at first. I got home and started watching it on the news and was appalled by what i saw. This was the day that changed the USA for ever and made them realise how vulnerable they were. The fire fighters and police officers on that day did a fantastic job and some of them are still paying the price today with cancer deaths from the toxic dust etc.
3 days previously I had flown over New York on my way home from a perfect holiday in Florida and had looked down and seen the stadiums lit up and the city far below going about its business (it was a night flight).

Missed this thread but would say that years ago I visited America and although I preferred the Empire State building which I did twice (day and night time) it was something to visit. Went to the top of course and although I am not easily disturbed every time I see a repeat of the collapse it does effect me knowing I had once been up the top and how dastardly the event was.

Back