Time for hiatus from Trainz

Harold-James

TRC Crossings!! Typing those 2 words just frustrates me even more!! The latest issue is that the TRC used to work correctly with the fix distance setting and the automatic detection setting!! Now it activates too far away from the crossing no matter what the setting is!!
Perhaps it is something I did to my route!! For me, too much time has been wasted, watching videos and going over how to!! These TRC Crossings I downloaded from the DLS because none of the installed crossings would work correctly!! TRS19 is a great game but so frustrating at times!! This game no longer enjoyable!! Thanks to those who helped me in the past!!

Good luck with your hiatus. You'll be back sooner than you think. ;)

The TRC4 crossings do have issues but work for the most part. I found setting up the parameters in the session works better than in the route. You might want to try that when you return to using Trainz.

Good luck with your hiatus. You'll be back sooner than you think. ;)

The TRC4 crossings do have issues but work for the most part. I found setting up the parameters in the session works better than in the route. You might want to try that when you return to using Trainz.

I understand their frustration. I've updated many routes with custom TRC crossings over the years and for the past few weeks I've had nothing but problems with them. It's up in the air if the links between crossing assets will remain unbroken between saves and the fact that crossings now deactivate when stopped trains occupy them is something that's quite frustrating. It all seemed to start with TRC4 and there hasn't been an update since. I've looked for a help or contact section within the TRC website but there doesn't seem to be one. Anyone know if the creator is on the forums?

I understand their frustration. I've updated many routes with custom TRC crossings over the years and for the past few weeks I've had nothing but problems with them. It's up in the air if the links between crossing assets will remain unbroken between saves and the fact that crossings now deactivate when stopped trains occupy them is something that's quite frustrating. It all seemed to start with TRC4 and there hasn't been an update since. I've looked for a help or contact section within the TRC website but there doesn't seem to be one. Anyone know if the creator is on the forums?

I fully understand the frustration as well.

I haven't seen Vincent in the forums recently.

One solution I found is to open up the properties on the TRC components. Put in a space then delete the space to force an update.

Save the route and they seem to work fine afterwards.

Well I am back from my hiatus, which lasted about a week😂 I decided to replace all the TRC crossings with Grade Xings or Jons versions which works much better!! However some have ignoring audio noise issue going on so I avoid those!! I am sure everyone would appreciate if all the assets work like they should no matter what version. Thanks again for all the help!!

Back