The new design. Discussion and favorites, instead of polls.

illinoiscentral

SARM Volunteer
It seems as though my polls are not the best idea in the world. So at the idea of LGBMATT, I have decided to make more of a discussion related thing every month instead of polls. I need ideas every month for nxt months discussion. These new threads will be titled "Discussion and Favorites,...". If you like this new idea, please post here. I know alot of you have not liked the polls with all their silly guidelines and stuff. I am doing this for the community. Thanks to all who have posted in my polls. BNSF & UP poll will stay up until March 1st 2009. Thank You.

Discussion & Favorites, Favorite Class 1 Railroad 1990-Present.
We all have our favorite railroads, but what about 1990-present. The era of mergers and takeovers. Cast your vote, think of any Class 1 from 1990 to present. Then dicuss why you think that railroad was the best or why it wasn't. Tell also who you think it should have merged with, if it merged.
Hope you all like the new concept.
Cheers.

Hey this is a great idea. I haven't seen your other threads so I have no idea what you mean but I might as well post as long as I'm here.

My favorite class 1 RR is and always will be the Southern Pacific Railroad. I love it for the Daylight paint scheme, the #4449, the cabforwards, Donner Pass and the Roseville yard.

Darn the UP for taking over the Southern Pacific
Pic

Great idea!

Class 1: UP.

Why?

It runs parallel to the BNSF in my town. There are frequent(2-3 times a year) floods there.

UP elevated their track 20 feet, BNSF is ground level and gets flooded each time.

Duh?

The Santa Fe, because I have always been fascinated with the Super Chief F7a and the F3a paint scheme.
PS. You should do a thread about the great logging railroads.

JRT

I'm going with the Illinois Central that is my favorite. My username says it all!:p Did anybody like how I did the Illinois Central thing?:hehe: Looks just like they did before stupid CN got them!

Great idea! Anyway, my favorite 1990-present R.R. would be Conrail, CSXT, and Amtrak...if you call that a railroad.

Ok illinoiscentral,
I'd told you I'd post here. LOL

My favorite railroads are the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe and the Union Pacific in that order. I love the warbonnet paint scheme, the super chief and the 2900 class 4-8-4. To also show my ATSF pride, I have a ATSF jacket, a replica ATSF RR police bage, several SF patches, a sturdy ATSF herald sign and a ATSF baseball hat.

I love the UP for the Big Boys, the Challengers, the 844 and Roseville Yard. To show my UP pride I have a UP baseball hat, a UP tin, a UP switchblade, a UP calander and an official UP lantern. All of the formentioned items have come from the UP online store except the lantern. I got that from a family friend who is an engineer on the UP. Soon I'll get a UP jacket from him.

Matt

The BN, because it contained one of my favorite pre-merger railroads (NP.)

The Canadian Pacific, for the same reason (MILW, SOO.)

Back