The Junction Link from MIZI 2004 ?

Col_Klink

Hi Guys
Remember that Junction Link from 2004 ? I sure do and I remember that I had asked for it as a new
little gem a few months ago. It's not MIZI's anymore but has been updated by another person
whom I have forgotten. I had it for a little while but now is lost.

Does anyone know the current author so I can get it (and not lose it again !!)
Thanks so much
The Colonel :cool:

There's an 'TDT sU DSP Junction Link', by Erendir, <KUID:151055:60079>, uploaded on 24th October 2021, on the DLS. It doesn't have a description, though, so I can't tell if it's an updated version of Mizi's Junction Link or a model made from scratch.

Hello Jordan
The olde man you just answered has seen that particular item and according to public thinking, it is NOT a Junction Link
since it has no description nor the switches it should be referring to.
Also, it should be a Scenery item and not a Track Object .
If you have used it and it works for you, please explain how that is.

Both the new updated version and MIZI's old 2004 version should be an exact duplicate in the picture.
If you find the person who made the upgrade, please send a note to me as I have a great need for it.

Thank-you Jordan for the message.
I just wanted to clear up what I knew about it, that's all.

Hello Jordan
The olde man you just answered has seen that particular item and according to public thinking, it is NOT a Junction Link
since it has no description nor the switches it should be referring to.
Also, it should be a Scenery item and not a Track Object .
If you have used it and it works for you, please explain how that is.

Both the new updated version and MIZI's old 2004 version should be an exact duplicate in the picture.
If you find the person who made the upgrade, please send a note to me as I have a great need for it.

Thank-you Jordan for the message.
I just wanted to clear up what I knew about it, that's all.

The original one shows up on the DLS, not the update. The updated version was included in the Niddertalbahn- TRS19 DLC.

Herr Colonel,

Is it this one?

<kuid:439337:100957> Junction controller v3

Author: MSGSapper.
Build 3.3
KIND scenery.

"Allows one junction to control as many junctions as you want. A must for controlling crossovers! This is an update of the TRS2004 junction controller V2 by MiZi which was last updated in August 2004. No changes have been made to the code or functioning of this item but it will now work in later versions of Trainz without reporting warnings. All credit for this great content item should go to the original author (MiZi). Niote: Settings you make in the controller are persistent and stored in the route layer so you can set up the junctions without having to make a layout session."

If not, I know nussing. Nuss-ing!.

Last edited:
Hello Herr Klink,

I use the Junction Link that is the small red cube and I think it is the one you are asking about. It had issues in Tane as it was at level 2.2. I cleaned it up and set it to 3.7. It was missing the thumbnails tag and container. The graphic was the old texture format so I used Pevs 'Image2tga' and sorted that out. Cleaned out the fluff from the config and it works fine now.

Maybe I could upload it to the DLS and credit Mizi for the original?

Doug

Hello Herr Klink,

I use the Junction Link that is the small red cube and I think it is the one you are asking about. It had issues in Tane as it was at level 2.2. I cleaned it up and set it to 3.7. It was missing the thumbnails tag and container. The graphic was the old texture format so I used Pevs 'Image2tga' and sorted that out. Cleaned out the fluff from the config and it works fine now.

Maybe I could upload it to the DLS and credit Mizi for the original?

Doug

I suspect this is more or less what MSGSapper already did to produce <kuid:439337:100957>.

Gentlemen,
After all we have said and given thought to, we now have to take this subject to another level. Many of us
have updated our Trainz to either TRS2019 or TRS2022. Now, MSGSapper's version of the red cube is
not compatible with these. I have both of these TRS's and if we can get the red cube to work smartly
in one of these we are headed for the future. I'm still stuck on 2019 and my patch is #116678 .
If there is any one of you who can rework the config file and the script file so that it works
in the now advanced versions, I, of all, will be totally proud and appreciative.
"Know whut I mean, Vern ?"

Any words to the positive will be sooner than later. Seeya soon Gents.

The Colonel :)

<kuid2:122381:10003:1> Junction Link
is a built-in item in my TRS19 build 100240

Once an item is built-in it is, no longer the responsibility of the original creator
but n3v, it has become part of a sold product.

Any trouble with a built-in item, do a bug report
if they can't fix it, I will if needed.

EDIT: Well, I posted this as a rant about N3V taking a freeware item, updating it and putting it in DLC so it is only available as payware. Is this what the creator intended? I doubt it. But in this case, as Niddertalban is free it isn't quite so egregious, I guess. Still, why don't they put it back in the DLS and just USE it in DLC? That would respect the will of the creator. Most creators do not want their creations used exclusively for someone else's profit.

Last edited:
agree complete Forester.
A simple solution could be: when an item is included in a DLC (if they must) automatic it is also put on the DLS in the exact same form(never locked)

agree complete Forester.
A simple solution could be: when an item is included in a DLC (if they must) automatic it is also put on the DLS in the exact same form(never locked)

This asset technically should still be available for download on the DLS. That's what N3V says that they're doing. If this isn't the case with this asset, then that should be reported to the helpdesk according to Zec Murphy.

Back