The Complete Idiots Trainz Guide??

JonMyrlennBailey

Somebody should write the definitive most comprehensive book on Trainz ever.

The book should be comprehensive.
The book should be up to date.
The book should also have an index.
The book should be written like a college textbook.

PS - I one-week's time I have learned that "AI" stands for "Automated Idiots".
I am the super of the Mojave Sub, MY Mojave Sub. I have to be SMARTER than my AI guys.

Last edited:
TrainzForDummies.png

Updated_Front_7.26.10.jpg

http://trains.0catch.com/tutorial.html

Last edited:
Somebody should write the definitive most comprehensive book on Trainz ever.

The book should be comprehensive.
The book should be up to date.
The book should also have an index.
The book should be written like a college textbook.

During a career in another life I wrote 9 technology textbooks and I can assure you that it takes a long time, typically 12+ months from inception to submitting the final manuscript, with all the research, editing, seeking permissions, awaiting reviews, arguments with publishers, more editing, etc, etc. With technology topics changes often happen so quickly that anything you wrote 12 months ago (or 6 months ago, or even less) can suddenly become obsolete.

With Trainz, and other software products, everytime a major patch or service pack is released, significant sections, even entire chapters, would probably have to be rewritten - effectively an impossible task on paper-based media. My last book was going to be entirely web based to allow for quicker updates and for new material to be added as required but this made little difference to the timeline. In any case it was "canned" by the publisher after all the writing work had been finished but at least I got paid for my efforts.

So, are you planning on starting such a project?

No. The only thing I can do now is have a master Trainz knowledge folder for reference with bits and piece of stuff put in it from all over the Web.

Back