Thanks to UK for....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BLACKWATCH
We don't have to thank America for anything, they've already thanked themselves.
After all, it's only their opinion that matters.
USA, the biggest self righteous pain in the butt this planet has.
(ref: illinioscentral's post above)

Originally Posted by BLACKWATCH
You do know that it is companies with an American CEO's that have caused most of the major oil spills on this planet.

I think sum one needs a Hug,Your taking it just a way bit too serious. :hehe:
Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
BP is global and is roughly half and half US and UK. The American people are friendly enough and I have been there twice on holiday but I unfortunately have to say that much of the internal history flies on the face of freedom and democracy! Now if we British had not given the world trains there would have been no Trainz!

Doesn't bear thinking about....!

Yes Whistlehead, but they (Mercedes) forgot to put brakes on it...
Henry Ford (an American :D) was the man to popularize the automobile as we have popularized nearly every form of transportation. Trains, cars, hell we invented the airplane, tractors, semi-trucks, etc. Everything except boats and I believe we thank the ancient Persians for that.

Cheers,
Woody

You invented trains? Funny. I thought that was a Welshman. Wales being a part of the UK rather than the US, I think that makes it a British invention.

I feel a lock coming on if we don't get back on topic...

Can we just keep thanking each other for things please? This isn't about how great our countries are. It's about how great other countries are, and what they gave us.

On topic:
Thanks to the US for taking pretty much every other invention from around the world and making it bigger and cheaper.

Chris

Thanks list
Thanks to the usa for alot of the majore airliners like the boeing 747
Thanks to france for the airbus fleet
Thanks to britain for inventing the train
Thanks to germany for inventing BMW's
Hate list
Curse to the usa for inventing mcdonalds :hehe:
Curse to france for makeing me love pan chocolas :D
Curse britain for the bullying in school i recived :confused:
Curse germany for the great war :(

Thankyou to the English tax payer for subsidising free and low cost medical prescription charges for people living in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, all within the UK.

Prescription charge in England = £7.20 per item!!

Prescription charge in Scotland = £3.00 per item ( soon to be free )

In Wales and N. Ireland, no charge per item.

Sorry if this is regarded as political comment.

Everyone has to agree that the uk and the usa are to amazingly diffrent countrys and there will allways be debate about which ones best and there wont be peace untill we rearlise that constantly trying to be the same is wrong.

(BP does not stand for British Petroleum and hasn't done for decades)
Well, in fact it does. Perhaps you should Google the history of the UK based corporation. They only adopted the "BP" as their corporate name in 2001 after buying some American oil companies.

You invented trains? Funny. I thought that was a Welshman. Wales being a part of the UK rather than the US, I think that makes it a British invention.

I feel a lock coming on if we don't get back on topic...

Can we just keep thanking each other for things please? This isn't about how great our countries are. It's about how great other countries are, and what they gave us.

On topic:
Thanks to the US for taking pretty much every other invention from around the world and making it bigger and cheaper.

Chris

Please don't be ignorant, read the post. I said "popularized" trains. I know that you over in the U.K invented them, as does most people. What I am saying is we managed to popularize it because we made better use of it. That being, we have a much larger land mass than yours, the railroad proved it's worth here. Why? Because we had eastern goods to get to the west, to build a nation. In my opinion, we couldn't have done it so quickly without the railroad.
So in summary, your last sentence was the very point I was making.

Oh yes, and to keep things on topic, thanks for Ozzy Osbourne, we're just all so thankful...

Here's to you,
Woody

I'd thank the UK for their wonderful language....of course we Americans have "reskinned" it to our taste. And also my parents, who were both Scots. :)

I have requested the MODS to close or lock this thread.

We must respect our friends in the UK and elsewhere.

Again, thank you UK for all things you invented.

Cheers,
Ron

Well, in fact it does. Perhaps you should Google the history of the UK based corporation. They only adopted the "BP" as their corporate name in 2001 after buying some American oil companies.

Thats the point I just said!:hehe: The letters are only letters. They do not stand for anything anymore!

I dont have to look at Google, Maybe you should actually look at what i posted :p

Regards,
Phil

I would like to thank Australia for Paul Hogan, Fosters Lager, Castle Main XXXX Lager, Kevin Bl**dy Wilson, Rolf Harris, and the late Steve (Stevo) Irwin. And of course for "Trainz".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back