TANE Platinum Edition free?

Was there some kind of offer for it or was it just for vanilla Tane? It says something about it in my trainz redeem code section.

Well, if I am not blind, I read there: "Reward can only be used on Trainz A New Era - Windows Digital Download Standard." Why that should have something to do with Platinum Edition.....? Because of maybe confusing words order in the sentence?

So this is what it says in MyTrainz under Redeem Trainz code:

TANE Platinum Edition

Step 1: Install Trainz A New Era if you have not already.
Step 2: Enter your username and password in the game Launcher (Trainz Settings > Internet tab).
Step 3: Click "File > Download Purchased items.
Step 4: Navigate to the Routes Menu and the Asset Download window will appear.
Step 5: Select which content to download or click Download All.

I may have misunderstood, but it reads like there was some kind of code to download Platinum Edition if you already had TANE (of which I already purchased before the free version came out). Once I read the rest of it this morning, it probably has to do with obtaining some other promo code to download addition routes or something. IDK. but it was just kind of confusing. Will most likely purchase Platinum Edition anyways, so as to fix the messed up SP4 error with some routes/content shown as purchased when in fact they aren't.

I originally bought T:ANE Standard edition on DVDs and was later able to purchase and download the Platinum Edition Bundle, which may be what they are offering T:ANE users. I have not seen the offer. The bundle just adds several routes and more assets that were included in the platinum version.

The product advertised is the standard T:ANE SP4 with additional DLC

Includes Trainz A New Era SP4 + Platinum Content Bundle

The additional free DLC is the "Platinum Edition".

Back