T:ANE Kelley's Island Layout

EngineerWard14

Hi, everybody!

I have autistic spectrum (or autism for short) and I love trains, especially steam trains. I have Trainz: A New Era (T:ANE) on my MacBook, and I am thinking about the idea of a re-imagined Kelleys Island, Ohio where the diorama has all the places and sceneries (like the ferry, state park, airport, beaches, downtown, etc), but with main lines, 4 branch/short-lines, sheds, yards, quarry operations at the limestone quarry, and two harbors, including one that has a transfer station where the Kelleys Island ferry transfers passengers to the trains.

Also, in my layout idea, Kelleys Island is the only standard gauge railroad in North America to still have steam locomotives in revenue service.

I have been visiting Kelleys Island, Ohio ever since I was little and I have dreamed on the idea of my railroad version of Kelleys Island, but I have no experience in building/creating routes. If there is anybody who can not only build the Kelleys Island layout for me, but also has both knowledge of
url
Kelleys Island (like using pictures of places, parks, downtown, etc. for references) I would absolutely appreciate it very much.

If you also want to do a mix between Kelleys Island, Marblehead, Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, and Port Clinton (scenery and diorama wise), that's absolutely fine with me. ��
Thanks! :)

These are maps of Kelleys Island

thumbnail

kelleys-island-map-view.png

Last edited:
I have Autism also. I recommend you purchasing TRANSDEM, which is a program that allows you to create topographical maps for Trainz. That will save you a lot of time with building the terrain by hand if you didn't use TRANSDEM.

Welcome to Trainz and to the forums.

You need to register your Trainz version so we can help you better. Since you purchased this on Steam, you need to contact the Helpdesk http://support.trainzportal.com/ to ensure the registration has transferred properly and your Trainz version appears on your timeline next to your name as it does ours.

Regarding TransDEM, this is a PC-only product, however, you can use Parallels or something like that to load up Windows 10 and run the program in there. You will need a lot of disk space and a good amount of RAM for the processing.

Back