Sydney Cityrail 2020 Project (In Development)

My Sydney Metro route is still a work in progress as I improve and update track & infrastructure.
Ive mainly concentrated on getting the track infrastructure as close as possible to that documented in the official DRKD published by Railsafe. Signals are from Ranger_51 latest versions and named according to the DRKD.
Scenery is rudimentary at the best, (some sections have little or no scenery) as my main interest was to be able to run sessions based on the various suburban,& intercity timetables Ive also decided to leave out catenary as I think it is just visual pollution and serves no practical purpose in running the sessions.. Ive placed some catenary in a stand alone Layer so it can be turned on/off if desired.

Portals at the outer liner look after generating traffic and timetables are defined in the Schedule Library.

The route covers:
City Circle, Main South to Macarthur, Main North to Hornsby, West to Parramatta, East Hills, Bankstown Olympic, & Carlingford lines, Illawarra to Sutherland. Freight and goods lines & the MLR. West to Penrith & North Shore are WIP's.

I'm currently installing Extended Interlocking Towers to look after some of the main crossovers and junctions. Central station yard to country platforms is a good challenge. Ive also used some of Boats, ASB assets.

To date the sessions are running well with up to 40 consists working over various parts of the network.

Best example of AI so far is:
Two 8 car sections of the India Pacific and 2 vehicle transporter wagons are stabled at Macdonaldtown. 3 IP locos stabled at Chullora yard. A Shunter couples with the vehicle wagons, delivers them to the Central vehicle loader platform, returns to pick up each 8 car set in turn, delivering them to Central platforms 1 & 2. Shunter then returns to dock at Macdonaldtown. This triggers IP locos to couple up and head into central, They pick up the loaded vehicle transport wagons, wait until a set time then couple to each of the 8 car passenger sets and head west via Strathfield & Parramatta to the West Portal. This set of AI instructions takes about 1 hour to complete.
All of the instructions for this are stored in the Schedule Library.

While this is running Portals are generating traffic on each of the lines to follow, as close as possible, the real timetables.

This certainly gives my PC a good workout (as well as my brain in trying to set up and debug any problems.) However good fun all the same.

Looking forward to Roy's (roy3b3) City Circle content to add in when available.

PG

Hi PG,
Over the past few months I've been busy with Body Corporate business and it's been eating up my Trainz time considerably.

However I have created the City Circle stations and tunnel content based on 1950s era. So if anyone wants these assets, just PM me with your email address and I'll forward them on.

Cheers, Roy

Back