Surveyor files

ketchamtb

Hi all,
I have created a Route on my PC which has been a useful tool in designing our Club's layout. I have copied the Sessions of that Route to our Clubs PC. However I would like to also copy the Surveyor files associated with this Route to the Clubs PC as well but I can't find out where the Surveyor files are stored or what they are called.
Thank you for any help, I appreciate it
Terry Ketcham

Hi all,
I have created a Route on my PC which has been a useful tool in designing our Club's layout. I have copied the Sessions of that Route to our Clubs PC. However I would like to also copy the Surveyor files associated with this Route to the Clubs PC as well but I can't find out where the Surveyor files are stored or what they are called.
Thank you for any help, I appreciate it
Terry Ketcham

Hi Terry,

What version of Trainz are you using?

For TRS2006, you can use CMP to create a CDP of your Route plus the Session.

For TRS2004, you use the Content Packager if that's what it is called (I can't remember) - someone else needs to chime in here and help if necessary. In TRS2004, the route is located in the Maps directory under {complete trainz installed path} World\Custom\Maps, and the session is located in a different place altogether. I think this is something like Cache\Sessions. You need to point to where these items are located within the program.

In both of these cases, your new hosting computer would need the content downloaded to it from the DLS or off of back-up media (CD, DVD, tape, etc.)

In TRS2006, there is another option to create and archive of the route. I'm not sure if this includes the session(s), but it does contain all of the objects you have placed in the route including bridges, trees, track, buildings, etc. This is a ZIP file created within CMP, and has a maximum size of about 2.0 Gig.

I hope this helps, and isn't as confusing as it seems. I'm sure some others will be able to help as well.

John

Back