Sunset Limited's route

kmothersil

First off I don't know if a thread like this exsists, but even though the route from Orlando to New Orlaeans has been suspended for almost three years now. I got a question to ask, do you guys think it's theorically possible to run the train between New Orleans to Orlando at 90mph or more?

First off I don't know if a thread like this exsists, but even though the route from Orlando to New Orlaeans has been suspended for almost three years now. I got a question to ask, do you guys think it's theorically possible to run the train between New Orleans to Orlando at 90mph or more?

Amtrak should get into gear, and extend the route to Tampa. That way, I can take the Sunset Ltd. without catching a bus to Orlando.

Isaac Grove

I know AmTrak is no longer running East of New Orleans through the Florida pan hadle via Crestview (Bummer, I have relitives there) but is freight?

Superfudd: Absolutely.

IMHO, I think Amtrak's failure to return service thus far is a way to cut costs, but if potential business along the line were to increase, then I'm sure they'd re-open the line.

Back