Stubbornly missing signal

Chris004

Please someone tell me there is a way (assetX, perhaps) to replace a missing asset on a map. I mean the map knows where it wants to put the thing it doesn't have; I even know what the thing is (Signal USA1 05). I wish I could tell it to use X (Signal USA 05, maybe?) instead. or even just a big red dot so I could re-signal it myself (I don't mind the work - but I'm never going to get the signals right on my own: too many subtleties about which signals to leave out...)

I thank you all in advance for your collective wisdom

-chris

If you want to get ride of the missing asset without installing it go to session edit, pick "remove missing assets" from the dropdown menu, unlock route when it asks then save route and exit (do not save session). The asset will be gone then you can put signals where you want them. If the session shows warnings in CM open it for edit then save.

If you want to get ride of the missing asset without installing it go to session edit, pick "remove missing assets" from the dropdown menu, unlock route when it asks then save route and exit (do not save session). The asset will be gone then you can put signals where you want them. If the session shows warnings in CM open it for edit then save.

If you chose this method make sure you do it in a blank session because I have found that what is in the session, consists etc, will be merged with the route and will appear in all other sessions for that route.

Is this what you are missing:

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=206711

You need Trainz Classics 3 ticked on the DLS black pages to see it during a search.

D'oh! I even knew (kuidindex) that it was classics 3 (which will be in my mailbox any day). [what are the odds it'll run in win7?]

This time this was the fix I needed.

Not sure what you want.
What do you mean by "big red dot".
Basic signal tut found here: http://trains.0catch.com/tutorial.html#index.

I found it is just as difficult building a "real" model train layout as a railsim.

Since I am eagerly awaiting the day when I have a downloaded route that's not missing something what I am hoping for is access to the data that trainz already has:

Where these assets are placed on the map.

A volkswagon sized red beachball would do the trick nicely.

If you want to get rid of the missing asset without installing it go to session edit, pick "remove missing assets" from the dropdown menu, unlock route when it asks then save route and exit (do not save session). The asset will be gone then you can put signals where you want them. If the session shows warnings in CM open it for edit then save.

I know how to remove the missing assets. I would like to save the location information that is in the mapfile (or obs file, whatever). this time I happen to know what it is (and I'm not about to go winging it with signals - the sessions would never run right). Usually I have no idea (tho sometimes you can tell by adjacent kuids that are on the DLS).

I was thinking that the routes that crashed me out to the desktop were doing that because of missing assets so I couldn't very well use surveyor. (now i'm thinking that '09 doesn't do build 1.3 even in legacy mode - hence the Trainz: The Complete Collection CDROMs)

I know sometimes assets get lost in the sands of time but why obliterate the last information we (trainz anyway) have about it = where each instance of it is on the route. Maybe the PEVSoft tools (that I haven't even scratched the surface of yet) are giving me delusions of a semblance of control over this game...

Back