Still not fixed a decade later...

Thisdude, what you say is correct. If everyone had the latest CPU, 32GB onboard RAM, an RTX 3xxx video card with 16GB vRAM (is that available? Where can I get one?), multiple TBs of built-in and attached storage, then everything would be fine, upto a point. But even such a system would struggle with layouts containing thousands of different high poly assets (all made in Sketchup):hehe:.

My current "best system" is a laptop with a "bare minimum" 8GB of onboard RAM and laptop upgrades can be notoriously difficult (if not impossible). I will, eventually, start looking for a better system with more options but I have noticed that good expandable desktop system, my usual "go to" for Trainz, are getting rarer. Everyone seems to be going for laptops or "all-in-one" systems - at least according to the offerings from the major manufacturers and retailers.

But layout creators are always wise to assume that the system they use to create their routes is far more powerful than the systems used by the Trainzers who will download and run those routes.

Back