SP3 problem

FREdward2

Whenever I try to run the service pack 3 patch for TS09 it aborts half way through. I can't think of why it's not working. Please help me.

By abort I trust you mean an error message anouncing failure to update and not merely aparently update aperaing to stop.
Either way I suspect you should re-install TS2009.
Then again, perhaps you should wait for some one who actually knows.:eek:

At exactly half way through installing the SP3 patch the progress bar appears to stop and it looks as if nothing is happening. It can remain in this state for anything between 30 to 60 minutes but if you look at the red disk accessing light on your computer you will see it is still working. Do not abort patching at this time, just let it run because it is updating the program and assets.

If you aborted the patching process or if you actually received a patch aborted message, you will need to uninstall and reinstall Trainz from scratch since it will now be corrupted and will not run properly or patch.

There are many posts on the forum on this subject.

Scottish

Any content which is not built-in such as content which you downloaded or modified and installed is contained in the User Data/Local folder. You can back this up and re-install after patching by copying either the whole of the Userdata folder or just the Local folder. If you are short of disc space, you can make CDP files of the custom content with Content Manager (filter Installed and not Built-in) and re-install from them.

After backing up the Local folder, I find that the best results are obtained by using the following sequence;
Remove program using Windows control panel add or remove programs.
Manually delete the files and folders which are left behind after uninstalling.
Use CCleaner to clean the Registry of traces left behind.
Install TS2009, then install each patch in the correct sequence.
Install your personal content using Content Manager 'install additional content' or 'install CDP' if you made them.

Scottish

Back