Some tips for trees that do look good in ts2010, please

Jananton

Yesterdayz Trainz member
Hello All,

This will have come up more then once allready I suppose, but a search didn't show a specific thread on this subject. I would very much like some tips for good looking (european) trees and shrubs to use in 2010. I was a big fan of the greenery content, but these look awfull in 2010 and up till now I haven't found anything acceptable. Some build in splines look reasonable, but stand alone trees and shrubs allways look like three crossed planes with 60 degree angles. Obviously the way alpha blending is implemented in 2010 really throws a spanner in the works in this respect.
From looking at the screenshot forum, specially the ts2010 screenshots thread, I can see there must be better ones than what I've found.:hehe:

So, I'm open for hints and tips on this subject.

Greetings from rainy Amsterdam,

Jan

Hello All,

This will have come up more then once allready I suppose, but a search didn't show a specific thread on this subject. I would very much like some tips for good looking (european) trees and shrubs to use in 2010. I was a big fan of the greenery content, but these look awfull in 2010 and up till now I haven't found anything acceptable. Some build in splines look reasonable, but stand alone trees and shrubs allways look like three crossed planes with 60 degree angles. Obviously the way alpha blending is implemented in 2010 really throws a spanner in the works in this respect.
From looking at the screenshot forum, specially the ts2010 screenshots thread, I can see there must be better ones than what I've found.:hehe:

So, I'm open for hints and tips on this subject.

Greetings from rainy Amsterdam,

Jan

Hello Jan,

Check out some of JVC's trees and shrubs for TRS2009 and upwards. There are a ton of them on the DLS.

Also check the Ultra trees by Mcguirel, and the TNM_ trees by tnm.

John from sunny New England (for a change).

Hello John,

Thanks for responding.
The ultra trees from McQuirel I became aware of during my searches on this subject, TNM_trees however is new to me so I'll have a look.
And JVC (jankvis), ah, where to begin :hehe:, dropping in a version filter in the CMP will probably diminish the choice a little. :cool:

Greetings from overcast Amsterdam,

Jan

Back