So How Long Does it Take to Get Your Purchase?

motorbreath

Earth Rocker
Ok, first of all, I am trying not to be a total pisser here.

How long does it take to get 2010 from Auran?

How long does it take to get an answer from helpdesk?

It has been over 3 weeks and my order still shows "shipping pending".

I could have bought it from Amazon and got it in 2 days, I was just trying to feed the monkey. Eat monkey, then ship my stuff please.

Well I pre-ordered mine 2 months before release. But I think it took about 3 weeks, but the fact that it was shipped from Australia over the Christmas holiday probably added some delay.

It's past 3 weeks now, and I'm still getting the "shipping pending" status. I'm drawing on my patience for this one.

I've been thinking of buying 2010 but after reading several post along these same lines maybe I'll look on Amazon. Has any one had any problems ordering from Amazon? What version should I look for?

ETA direct from Auran (via standard mail) is 2 - 6 weeks.

But if the waiting time gets extreme, this is why they need some sort of customer service phone number, and also either a postal office, or address to write to, and NOT the so called helpdesk, and needs to be sorted out ASAP.

People need a customer service number &/or an address to write to (not the helpdesk), just in case an issue comes up. You may be able to write on this forum, but then that excludes private details from being shown.

Hi All
Unfortunately, internet issues have prevented me from being able to handle any helpdesk tickets today.

Yes, we are still working through a large backlog. However, this is starting to look a little better than recent times. However, it is still ongoing unfortunately.

Motorbreath, unfortunately it appears that there is an issue with your order in our distributors system. I will speak to the admin first thing Monday morning to see what can be done to have your order shipped out as soon as possible. Please send a reply to your ticket (or submit a new one) so that I will see it when I'm next on the helpdesk (I will try to keep an eye out for it).

In regards to a phone number for support. Please keep in mind that there is only a limited amount of staff to work the helpdesk, of which is not a 24 hour service (since it is ticket based, it need not be manned 24 hours a day). Have a phone number for support would be expected to be manned 24/7 (since Trainz is sold internationally), which would require us to hire at least 4 people specifically to man this (granted, these people could handle other areas as well). Why 3 or 4? Well, at least 4 people are needed for a 24 hour period (including some overlap, and breaks). You would also need to add people in to cover others who need to take some time of sick.

The reason for so many people? The majority who phone in (which would likely be a toll number) would not be willing to leave a message on an answering machine.

At this stage it is not viable to do the above. Both in cost, and the number of times that it is requested. We may look into it in future, however providing a 24/7 'live' support service is simply not something we can do at the moment. Hence why we use a 'ticket' based helpdesk. Unfortunately, the drawback of this is that it can get flooded (then again, imagine having 400 'messages' on an answering machine, and then try calling all of them back - instead of 2-5 minutes per ticket, the same thing goes up to 30 odd minutes for 'tech support', including the person downloading/sending files whilst the call is going).

As for an address... http://auran.com/auran/contacts.htm

I will get our admin to check the PO Box address on that page (accessed by clicking on 'contact' at the bottom of the page at http://www.auran.com ), just to ensure it is still correct, however contact details are available there.

Nope, the email address 'support' shown on that page is incorrect. Again, something that I will need to speak to the shop admin about (note, that's now 3 or 4 things more on a rather long list to speak to the shop admin about... Just to give an idea of how much we actually need to handle/look into).

Digital Download also not working

Ordering it and receiving it via the digital download is also not working. Placed an order on September 28, 2010 and links for downloads fail, not correct, etc. I have opened a ticket via Helpdesk with more info of steps taken and site linked to…

Ordering it and receiving it via the digital download is also not working. Placed an order on September 28, 2010 and links for downloads fail, not correct, etc. I have opened a ticket via Helpdesk with more info of steps taken and site linked to…

I hope you have planned a five week vacation ... that is appox the time it takes for the helpdesk to notice your ticket ... after you have send a second one as a reminder. The helpdesk only exists in name.

I hate to say it, but I have received no further help, my order still shows "shipping pending". I am about ready to ask for a refund so I can buy it elsewhere and have it here in 2 days.

no answer on "ticket"

Auran - I read your answer regarding "shipping pending" on the forum, I wrote a ticket over a week ago - still no reply so added more quoting todays date.
I understand that you are having shipping delays but unless you answer the "tickets" - people just don't know what is happening and feel neglected and get angry:confused:

next 7days. I Plan i buy via Steam

Online multiplayer

JEAN :wave:

From what I've heard and read buying via steam would not be wise because patches are not compatible...

I bought the digital download direct from auran on the 25th of Nov 2010 and it worked flawlessly and bought treez a week or two later the same way and unlinke previous posters the links were and are ok.

But if it's what you want to do it's really your call...

Back