Snohomish Rail

Alright, for now, until I can figure out what else would be cool to do, the route is complete!

Loads of rolling stock around the yards & the main line. Multiple locomotives to haul thousands of tons of freight throughout the route, and a small switcher locomotive located at the docks for all stock maneuvering purposes.

I have gotten busy with the route again, and added another 5-6 boards. And I couldn't help myself, so I created a western logging-sub division with 2, strasburg locomotives hauling the line.

Screenshots:

evan123_20090717_0002.jpg

evan123_20090717_0006.jpg

evan123_20090717_0007.jpg

evan123_20090717_0008.jpg

evan123_20090717_0010.jpg

evan123_20090717_0011.jpg

Looks great! By all means, build to your hearts content. It's scary how easy it is to get carried away though (speaking from personal experience) but your shots look great!

One tiny nitpick: those huge piles of logs are splines right? Be sure to shorten the one on the bottom left (it is overlapping the planks in the last picture you posted).

:wave:

Gisa ^^
p.s. everytime I take my own screenshots I get frustrated as I see so many things that need to be fixed, which is partly why I like taking them (helps with quality control :hehe: )

Actually they are not log splines, I just arranged them to look like it. I completely forgot where the lumber spawns, so that will need some fixing!

The track looks kinda odd and non detailed...MP Wood even looks fair to good...the type of track used on a route really sets it apart from all the rest.

The track looks kinda odd and non detailed...MP Wood even looks fair to good...the type of track used on a route really sets it apart from all the rest.

I'd prefer it if i didn't rerail the whole route... This track im using offers double, triple & quad rail so it works fine for me.

The track you use does grow on me, but there is one thing I should warn you about.

If you plan on using the AI to do switching or drive through freights, it tends to have problems when the track is not aligned properly. It also happens when using double or triple track so it is best to avoid using that and to simply lay 1 track at a time.

look here -> http://trains.0catch.com/tutorial.html

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Update: The route now spans over some 25 boards. The industries vary from standard freight shipping through boxcar & intermodal, grain,logging, oil, and passenger transportation.

There are 3 cities on the map, 2 of the cities have passenger stations. There are 8 SP SD40's that work the main line, 2 yard switchers, and 2 small GP30's that work in tandem on the logging sub division. The logging industry is fully operational.

I really don't know when or how the route will be finished. Right now it is 100% ready to go with an average of 25-30FPS in the hectic spots of the route.

Back