Single Track Lift Bridge

stouthm

Get over it
I've been looking for a single-track lift bridge similar to Ben Dorsey's Lift Bridge 58 - kuid2:210518:1236:2. The problem with Ben's is that the track spanning the piers appears when the bridge is open. I tried switching the original track with numerous invisible tracks but no luck. Thoughts, ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

What I do with bridges is as follows. First connect a piece of invisible track to one end. Second connect the track your using to the other end. Third is delete the invisible track and connect the other end. The invisible track will remain on the bridge, your done.

What I do with bridges is as follows. First connect a piece of invisible track to one end. Second connect the track your using to the other end. Third is delete the invisible track and connect the other end. The invisible track will remain on the bridge, your done.

Great info !

I had no idea you could do that.

Rico

I'm going to assume that your first name is Ken and say thank you. It worked and now I have more info for this sim even though I've been at it for at least since 15 years if not longer. I'm 78 and still learning. Thanks again'

As Forrest Gump said, I am not a smart man. Can you clarify for me how it works? I see two pieces of track (invisible and visible), one attached to one end, the other to the other end. Of the bridge? Does each start at its end of the bridge then go to the lift part? But then what goes on the lift part? The visible track after you delete the invisible track? Then if you delete the invisible, how does it remain on the bridge? I guess I should just go try it, maybe I will figure it out. :eek:

Yes my name is Ken. When you connect the first track to the bridge it replaces the existing track not the mesh track. Take a station when you connect track to one end the station track changes. Same thing with most of Ben's bridges.

I think it could be enough to have in the config.txt the tag useadjoiningtracktype set to 0: in this way whatever track you'll join the original invisible track will not be substitute
Hope that could be the solution...

It's just as Ken described. The bridge must not have any tracks attached to it until you attach the invisible tract to either end. Then you attach whatever track you are using to the end of the bridge that is not attached to the invisible track. Next, delete the invisible track and attach the same track that is on the other end of the bridge. Same method that you use when installing the M.I.N. Hope this helps.

Forester1 - it's the same method you use when installing a station with track. I'm assuming that you have done that.

Heh, actually I haven't. The routes I am working on so far have all been industry freight routes. But I will be installing some before they are done. Thanks, I will look up installing stations.

Heh, actually I haven't. The routes I am working on so far have all been industry freight routes. But I will be installing some before they are done. Thanks, I will look up installing stations.

Made a video for you, and anyone else that reads this thread :)

Rico

Awesome Rico! Thank you very much, now I understand! I have saved this video for my notes. Much appreciated! Somehow, when you deleted the invisible track on the right side, you did so without showing a spline node, but that is something I can experiment myself.

Last edited:
Awesome Rico! Thank you very much, now I understand! I have saved this video for my notes. Much appreciated! Somehow, when you deleted the invisible track on the right side, you did so without showing a spline node, but that is something I can experiment myself.

Because I always clik in between nodes, when removing any spline. ;)

Rico

Back