Signal Container

acelejalde

Urban Transit Developers
Hey guys,

Stumbled across this on the Wiki, and I was curious if this is obsolete or not? Haven’t been able to get flash working since ‘12; it looks like there are a few more parameters than previously. I’d check it out, but I don’t have access to Trainz for the next week or so. Thanks!

Thanks for replying Pware!

I read the article you linked; the information I was looking for pertained to a signal having a flashing corona as one of its indications. Prior to TANE, this didn’t require the complex scripts every signal seems to have now; it only required a flash tag in the config. I’ve tried since ‘12, and have always been unsuccessful. The article I linked had some similar information and I was just curious if it was obsoleted. The N3V team told me it was a bug (six years ago), and that it would be fixed but that never came to be.

Thanks again!

I did a bunch of crossings XING 'mocrossing' and get the lights to flash, don't know if the method used would work for a signal, but the config parts starts like this;

Code:
mesh-table
{
  {
    auto-create                         1
    mesh                                "Grade Xing GrisWold 2L1T.im"
    anim                                "gate.kin"

effects
    {
      aflash-0
      {
        kind                            "corona"
        att                             "a.red11"
        texture-kuid                    <kuid:647907:102811>
        object-size                     0.125
      }

bflash-0
      {
        kind                            "corona"
        att                             "a.red12"
        texture-kuid                    <kuid:647907:102811>
        object-size                     0.125
      }

I know what he wants, but it no longer works as it should. It works for some signals such as JR's type 08 Interlocking signal but not for others such as the approach and distant signals. With the Interlocking signals, the flashing indicates and override to a faster speed based on the aspect and on others such as an absolute red signal, will indicate permission to pass the red.

The one that doesn't work is the flashing yellow on type 05s. In the US, we have two conditions for yellow, flashing and solid. In a multiple block territory, each subsequent signal will change from green to a flashing yellow. The flashing yellow indicates that the next signal will be a solid yellow, which will in turn indicate the next upcoming signal is red. The flashing yellow is to warn the driver that he's going to need to slow down soon to half the speed for the line and then prepare to stop at the upcoming red stop signal.

Darn! So it’s either a complicated script or no flashing Coronas?
Or something that's just broken because "things" changed with newer Trainz versions. TRS19 and TRS22 beat the snot out of older scripted assets with TRS22 being the winner in that regard so far.

Hallelujah I *THINK* I figured it out! It's almost 4 AM my time, so I'll be back with an update soon!

-A 👋

Last edited:
So basically, here's the new conundrum. I've discovered that there is a frequency tag under the effects tag, which goes under the mesh-table tag; I thought this was related to the flash container in the lights portion of the config and that it was simply moved. Good news and bad news; the good news is that I have a corona that flashes. The bad news is that it's a static thing and doesn't adhere to the aspect indications listed in the lights container in the config, and the flash container still seems useless at this point even though it doesn't get flagged with a warning or an error in CM. I've used a flashing lunar as the example with a picture below; lunar acts as the diverging aspect with a flash, and a solid green is the through proceed aspect. When the switch is set for through, you can still see the flashing lunar corona displayed. Any hints or tips?

signals
{
{
light 0
}

{
light 1
flash 1
}

{
light 1
flash 1
}

{
light 2
}
}

lights
{
{
corona "corona_red.tga"
}

{
corona "corona_lunar.tga"
}

{
corona "corona_green.tga"
}
}

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "default.IM"
auto-create 1

effects
{

lunar
{
kind "corona"
att "a.light1"
directional 0
object-size 0.22
texture-kuid <kuid:523903:600>
frequency 2
}
}
}
}

pichost

pichost

The green aspect is there for the through, but the lunar still flashes; same with the red aspect.

-A 👋

Back