Show off your reskins!

If you arn't planing on releasing the item, you can reskin anything pretty much. If you plan on releasing though, you need to ask premission. Also for the nose, actually, you might want to adjust the red and make it slightly darker. Santa Fe loved their red, but seeing the Super fleet when they were brand new, the red wasn't a fire truck red, but it wasn't really "CP red" or Cherry red either. Either way, looks good though.

Weird thing on the red color, the RGB codes for Santa Fe Red comes out a lighter shade of red, almost a pink color to my eyes. I like the deeper red colors, that I think look more correct. There is a GE unit that I see on and off, that the red has faded a lot, but is still darker than the RGB chart I got off the web.

Steve Lerro is quite protective of his proprietary work, so there is no way those reskins of his content will be leaving the reskinner's PC.

@ NKP, These are reskins of the payware Chessie Steam Special set from KLTrainz.

@shebashetan7 Actually, I was just talking to Steve about that last night. He has thought about hosting other peoples reskins on his website, but the reason why he doesn't is because his email would get "Flooded with thousands of emails a day." And he'd end up never getting any work done. But yeah, until he changes his mind on that, I can't give anyone these reskins, but I do plan on making some freeware substitutes that I will release once I find some decent freeware cars to use.

Yep. I'm all familiar with the fact with being constantly bombarded with emails slows down work. It's nice to hear that the folks at K&L have put some thought on the possibility of hosting third party reskins on their site, but at the same time, its better to keep things the way they are for now, as you said, the situation only get more complex from there. I wonder how if Steve in time, allows the hosting of reskins on his site, will be able to make sure it does not get in the way of his payware sales, possibly as freeware expansion packs for owners of his content, perhaps?

I don't know, I didn't really ask, I was just mostly talking to him about sound editing, adding car swaying scripts and shape editing.

k4vGxd6.jpg

Trying something different by adding CP maroon to my P2e...

2018-05-30%2B141936.jpg

Related: does anyone know of some sort of a setting or something that reduces the effect on sunlight on paint colors? Right now when it's in direct sunlight the maroon and gold looks like scarlet red and bright yellow. Ugh.

Of course it is. The issue with the cylinder steam only happens when the engine is running from 0 to 10 mph. Have you checked to make sure that the order of the smoke effects is correct, and that there are no "enabled" tags in the steam effect entries, and running with script exceptions shown if its an issue with the script?

Last edited:
Of course it is. The issue with the cylinder steam only happens when the engine is running from 0 to 10 mph. Have you checked to make sure that the order of the smoke effects is correct, and that there are no "enabled" tags in the steam effect entries, and running with script exceptions shown if its an issue with the script?

I've tried all of those things, it's laid-out no differently than my other locomotives.

On my copy of the ATSF 3160 2-8-2, there is no steam coming out of the cylinders when it starts moving. I also tested Bdaneal's CP Hudson and Rio Grande C-48, same thing; no steam out of the cylinders at 0-10 MPH. I can trace the issue to fact that Bdaneal's newer models and scripts were not setup with support with cylinder exhaust in mind. The issue with the cylinder exhaust on the CP P2 is a side-effect of trying to implement it on a model that uses a script not set up to support cylinder exhaust.

Last edited:
The bug is probably happening because of how the script and model was originally configured; when Bdaneal originally wrote the script for his new models, I don't think he covered support for cylinder exhaust.

The bug is probably happening because of how the script and model was originally configured; when Bdaneal originally wrote the script for his new models, I don't think he covered support for cylinder exhaust.

Yeah which sucks because I tries it with different loco scripts and it still doesn't work.

Only a few would be bothered by the fact that the engine lacks cylinder exhaust; I highly doubt anyone questioned it when they ran Bdaneal's new engines and they lack cylinder exhaust. Probably better to forgoe attempts to put a cylinder exhaust effect on the P2. I'd imagine that Ben himself tried to put cylinder exhaust on his newer models, but backed out when the move didn't work after constant trial and error. A luxury that many steam content creators try to lean towards, yet the attempts to implement it are riddled with technical problems that are very stubborn.

It is good that you were persistent and never gave up on the efforts to implement cylinder exhaust on the CP P2. On the other hand, we are sometimes left with no choice other than to back out/give up. It is within our best interests to make good on what we got, thus we maybe we will find out things to work out better than our expectations than hoped.

Last edited:
Only a few would be bothered by the fact that the engine lacks cylinder exhaust; I highly doubt anyone questioned it when they ran Bdaneal's new engines and they lack cylinder exhaust. Probably better to forgoe attempts to put a cylinder exhaust effect on the P2. I'd imagine that Ben himself tried to put cylinder exhaust on his newer models, but backed out when the move didn't work after constant trial and error. A luxury that many steam content creators try to lean towards, yet the attempts to implement it are riddled with technical problems that are very stubborn.

It is good that you were persistent and never gave up on the efforts to implement cylinder exhaust on the CP P2. On the other hand, we are sometimes left with no choice other than to back out/give up. It is within our best interests to make good on what we got, thus we maybe we will find out things to work out better than our expectations than hoped.

Yeah I don't give up, I'm going to figure something out. Too bad you can't have two different steam scripts attached to one keyboard shortcut to turn them on or off or it would be really easy...

It has always been the point that an engine can only support one script at a time, that's something only the developers have to the power to change, not us. Even then, it would be difficult, as the one script per asset rule is deep within the code of the game. In the case that this attempt is in vain, I'm confident this model will still make it.

Still, we shall see how it this attempt to put cylinder exhaust in turns out. Either way, this model is not going to waste. :)

In the meantime, I've reskinned Steve Lerro's old model of CN 3254 into CP 5361 to temporarily fill in the gap of motive power made by the lack of a CP 2-8-2. No North American railroad steam roster, especially in Trainz, is complete without a 2-8-2 Mikado (or MacArthur) of their own.

Last edited:
It has always been the point that an engine can only support one script at a time, that's something only the developers have to the power to change, not us. Even then, it would be difficult, as the one script per asset rule is deep within the code of the game. In the case that this attempt is in vain, I'm confident this model will still make it.

Still, we shall see how it this attempt to put cylinder exhaust in turns out. Either way, this model is not going to waste. :)

In the meantime, I've reskinned Steve Lerro's old model of CN 3254 into CP 5361 to temporarily fill in the gap of motive power made by the lack of a CP 2-8-2. No North American railroad steam roster, especially in Trainz, is complete without a 2-8-2 Mikado (or MacArthur) of their own.

I did that a few years ago but ditched it because the boilers of the CN locomotives are thinner than the ones of the CP ones. And stuff like the numberplate and boards and the bell placement all drove me nuts haha.

Back