Show off your reskins!

c2fe8888cfeec060dc5833469b712201.jpg

Southern Office Car 10 (D.B. Brosnan's Car) brings up the rear of this all SOU cut behind steam loco No 2716, as she returns to PJRy service following her FRA 1,472 from winter 2016-autumn 2017.
5d9998920e88934b67f3a82905f3a971.png

The gleaming ex-works 2716 pulls out with the "Point Jeyes Limited", showing off her new Pyle National single beam light, installed by PJRy crews during winter her FRA work.
27c388ecd8e0d4f9b7c07b08ed0dc267.png

Saturnr

I'll probably never finish this, in fact, there's a good chance that this will never see the light of day again.

Matt

Last edited:
I started one of those a long time ago, never got around to doing much with it, although it is something I would have loved to see finished. You did a very good job with yours Matt. Obviously it still needs a little work, but that there is a skin you can be
clear.gif
quit well proud of. Excellent work sir. Trainz has needed one of these.

I started one of those a long time ago, never got around to doing much with it, although it is something I would have loved to see finished. You did a very good job with yours Matt. Obviously it still needs a little work, but that there is a skin you can be
clear.gif
quit well proud of. Excellent work sir. Trainz has needed one of these.

Thanks. I think the problem is the bizarre mapping on the old SPorBust model.

Matt

My constantly-being-updated model of Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe "Madam Queen" locomotive no. 5000. I have both the coal-burning and oil-burning versions but it's a kitbashed model from various sources such as K&L Trainz and Colorado71Trainz. Let me know what you guys think!

3VmHX3N.jpg

Looks stunning. Madam Queen is such an impressive loco, and for such a unique and iconic loco that kitbash came together well. Steve, I have another future loco to add to my wish list it sounds like, but then again 2 out of 3 of your engines get on that list.

Saturnr

Interesting how it actually came together pretty well. I guess this is why you commissioned me to just build one :cool:

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

I wasn't quite happy with it when I initially finished it which is why I almost commissioned one but after I realized that I could pull accessories from other locomotives to add detail (along with the wheels from your PRR J1 which worked perfectly because the base model was a C&O 2-10-4 and the PRR J1's were mechanically almost identical) I've grown quite fond of it. Some of my added pieces (like the water heater at the front) actually do serve a higher aesthetic purpose (the heater hides the Lima signature number boards that made the locomotive look like a Berk). Other pieces like the new number boards, "Western"-looking pilot and the cab window awnings greatly improved the "detail" aesthetics of the engine. Changing it from a coal engine to an oil-fired one with that square Santa Fe oil tender just completed the whole look. I'll look through my screenshots to try and find ones that show the stages it went through (spoiler: quite a few) to get to where it is now. A lot of credit to K&L because their detailing and textures really helped me pull it off.

The one thing I would change is adding specular lighting to the mesh, mainly the main mesh of the engine. the bogeys and some of the additional parts already have specular lighting on them, which makes the main body of the engine stick out. You can use PEvSofts PM2IM tool to add specular lighting to the mesh. I use a RGB value of 33,33,33 for specular lighting, however you can play around with it until you find something you like.

The one thing I would change is adding specular lighting to the mesh, mainly the main mesh of the engine. the bogeys and some of the additional parts already have specular lighting on them, which makes the main body of the engine stick out. You can use PEvSofts PM2IM tool to add specular lighting to the mesh. I use a RGB value of 33,33,33 for specular lighting, however you can play around with it until you find something you like.

I've been playing around with PM2IM and I'm still having trouble finding my way around it. Any tips as to how to introduce specular lighting to the meshes? They are .im files already so I don't know if that makes a different but it seems like PevSoft could've made the program just a *bit* more friendly to the user...

On this fall Saturday, the Point Jeyes Railway has 4 of their beautiful wooden coaches out, trailing behind a classic LS&I loco.

The Minneapolis Saint Paul & Sault Sainte Marie business car "Oak Park" is on the rear, of 1884.
12aba2dbc83e44d012a87c2bebde5542.png

The Duluth South Shore & Atlantic Coaches 213 of 1888 and Lake Superior & Ishpeming Combine No 1, in simplified maroon with LS&I magnets, of 1898.
ab8072b7c457a3d8c369bba61f8ff2b2.png

Saturnr

Back